What's new

Blind Tasting Event

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
One of the local shops is sponsoring a "Blind Tasting" event and I'm curious if this is something I should attend.
For $30 you get three un-banded cigars, light food and drinks. The event is scheduled to last 4 hours and the cigars will be discussed.

Anyone have experience with this type of event? How do they normally work and is it possible to smoke and taste 3 cigars in 4 hours?

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Chain smoking paired with finger foods? Sounds good to me! Depending on the brand, that is...
I went to a blind tasting/pairing in Mobile for AJF.. 4 sticks, 4 hours, and 8 diff types of local beer... Most folks only smoked one or two, along with a bunch of free beer.. there's a few guys that'll do most of the talking, the rest will just quietly do their thing off to the side.. like me :)

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You know me. I'll have a lot to say about nothing just can't imagine that many cigars in 4 hours

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I'd do it. I'd personally rather it be spread out... Maybe 3 Fridays on a row with one cigar each week for a cleaner pallet, but blind tasting is a great learning experience.