What's new

Blues Harmonica aka Harp?

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
@K Williams that's pretty cool, man! I don't know anything about the harp; I'm a guitar guy - but guitar players (especially at my skill level) are a dime a dozen, while a guy who can rock a harp is practically a unicorn. (y)

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Ha! I was just about to post this thread! I've been playing for almost ten years now, since I was 14. I would never dream of leaving the house without my suzuki Olive in my pocket. I play suzuki pretty much exclusively, I had to quit Hohner when I learned to overblow, i blew so many reeds out haha Suzukis are expensive but sound amazing and last forever. Here's my collection:image.jpg
The one at the bottom is my daily carry now (dirty because Im playing it now ) and the nasty silver one to the bottom right is actually the same exact harmonica after being used heavily for 5 years. Its just now starting to slip out of tune.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Ha! I was just about to post this thread! I've been playing for almost ten years now, since I was 14. I would never dream of leaving the house without my suzuki Olive in my pocket. I play suzuki pretty much exclusively, I had to quit Hohner when I learned to overblow, i blew so many reeds out haha Suzukis are expensive but sound amazing and last forever. Here's my collection:View attachment 89773
The one at the bottom is my daily carry now (dirty because Im playing it now ) and the nasty silver one to the bottom right is actually the same exact harmonica after being used heavily for 5 years. Its just now starting to slip out of tune.
I bought a pair of Suzuki harps recently. Manji in A and C.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I bought a pair of Suzuki harps recently. Manji in A and C.

I LOVE the Manji! I have G and E, A and C are the most usable with a band though. Only reason i never pocket the manji is that theres no support in te middle on the back, which makes it super loud but prone to bending the coverplates.
If you havent yet, look up how to overblow. Its very difficult to master, but its how you play a diatonic harmonica chromatically (every note in the western scale). Hohners cant handle it but suzukis are a great brand to learn on!

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I LOVE the Manji! I have G and E, A and C are the most usable with a band though. Only reason i never pocket the manji is that theres no support in te middle on the back, which makes it super loud but prone to bending the coverplates.
If you havent yet, look up how to overblow. Its very difficult to master, but its how you play a diatonic harmonica chromatically (every note in the western scale). Hohners cant handle it but suzukis are a great brand to learn on!
I can bend notes with ease, but overblows are another story. I used to practice daily in the mid 1990s to eary 2000s. Now, not as much as back then.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I can bend notes with ease, but overblows are another story. I used to practice daily in the mid 1990s to eary 2000s. Now, not as much as back then.
But can you blowbend in the high register? I have trouble with that sometimes. I usually practice in the car but ive been playing at home more often lately