What's new

Board game collections. Let's see em!

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Since I'm bored at work, here's what's in my car right now lol. I have a few games on loan and a few more at home as well I'll post later, but this is like 3/4 of what I've got.

And here's what I got at home.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I've only played one or 2 of my brother's games, but these are always fun. They are a great time when hanging out with the family.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I have a closet full of games. but we've only played a handful of them. I got majorly hooked on getting new games a number of years ago and before you know it there's 50 games or more that you've never even played sitting in your closet! It's in a junk room that I can't even get to very well right now. I'll have to try to clear the junk out and take a picture.

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
wow, I just looked into that Formula D game bc it caught my eye and now I'm thinking I might be more interested in board games than I first imagined. We play a couple small ones every once in a while with a few friends but I don't think I would call what I have a collection unfortunately.

Awesome group of games there Jake @squaresoft

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Wow that's a lot of games...every since my "group" have started to have kids it's been hard to get together, so I will probably get time to play game in 10 -15 years lol...

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Just Monopoly here. But, at one point I had over 20 variations of it. It's become somewhat of a family tradition. When my kids come visit (getting in their teenage years), it is expected that we play a game every night they are here.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gearing up for some Eldritch Horror this Saturday, to be chased down with some Exploding/Imploding Kittens to lighten the mood after felling Cthulu.

Another member of my group is getting into cigars with me, so there hopefully will be a few of those...

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Since I'm bored at work, here's what's in my car right now lol. I have a few games on loan and a few more at home as well I'll post later, but this is like 3/4 of what I've got.

And here's what I got at home.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Just picked up Terraforming Mars. Really fun game if you are into bigger board games.
FA535E44-039F-43C8-AF95-275F8D54691F.jpeg
Wifey let me smoke inside while we played =). Hey @squaresoft ive looked at pandemic and Munchkin. Thoughts on them?

Nice all around collection.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Just picked up Terraforming Mars. Really fun game if you are into bigger board games.
View attachment 120259
Wifey let me smoke inside while we played =). Hey @squaresoft ive looked at pandemic and Munchkin. Thoughts on them?

Nice all around collection.
thanks man, its grown quite a bit since i posted that lol, terraforming mars is great with the right group. my main group of friends cant quite handle a game that heavy so i havent bought it yet even though i personally like it.

munchkin for me is a no...its a gateway game for alot of ppl and i was no different. it's decent fun like one time but the mechanics of the game cause some huge problems that make me hate the game now...the team up system and the way you can horde cards make it so everyone gets to 1 step away from winning crazy fast, and then noone wins for the next hour because everyone saved all their cards to screw other people until someone is about to win...anyway hmm...i could just sent you my copy if u wanna try it out, im never playing it again.

pandemic is a 100% yes on the other hand. that game is simple yet difficult and a great co-op game for newbs and verterangamers alike...that being said I personally wont play it again either because i have pandemic legacy which i find superior in every way, but it requires a dedicated group that will play it multiple times to truly get the full experience out of it because each game you play persists over a bigger story arc and effects every game that follows in a really cool way. the original is pretty cheap and tons of fun though, and you can even get the c'thulu flavor if you want which plays basically the same but has a few added mechanics. the base pandora also has a couple expansions that are pretty cool. i like In The Lab as an added layer of complexity.

another game I'll recommend 100% that is kinda similar to mars is Roll for the Galaxy. it has a similar theme obviously, and shares some vaguely similar mechanics, but is quicker, a bit less complex, and more unpredictable which i think add tons of replayability while allowing for deep strategy. Def check out a youtube video overview and see if it looks like something you would enjoy, but its top 3 in my collection right now for sure.

other top two just for the record are Junk art which is an amazing dexterity "jenga" ish building game...and gloomhaven which is a straight up full heavy tabletop rpg campaign in a box that has probably a hundred hours of content or more lol. I've played about 10 session now with my friends and we've barely scratched the surface.

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
dang thats a nice collection, Jake!

i only have 3 board games:
Simpsons Chess
Chess 4 (where 4 players play chess on an X shaped board)
and Risk (GOT edition)

i also have cards against humanity, but i opt not to play it anymore.
Ok, apparently I missed the GOT edition Risk. I need to pick that up

Man I hate coming back to the board and realizing your replying to a post from forever ago...

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
But since I already replied

That’s about half of the closet full. My kids love board games so there are a lot of kid themed games, and I don’t get to drag out my games anymore since none of my friends who play are around. Still love to play Ticket to Ride and a few others with the fam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Awesome. Thanks for the recommendations. I enjoy a good round of gaming or two but don’t stay up to speed with what’s out there. Sorry for digging up the old thread but you’ve deffently set me up for a while. I’ll keep my eyes open for a copy of Pandemic. Should not be too hard to find.