What's new

Bolivar CE Villa Clara Dic 1997

havanaphile

Banned
Rating - 75%
4   1   0
The Boli CE had a wonderfull reddish light colorado rosado wrapper, and had a texture to it that reminded me of how one's skin should feel like after it has been properly shaved. As I usualy shave in a half-comatose state in the pre-dawn hours, I apreciate this sort of texture, because I either miss my whiskers so badly I accidently almost begin to look like Kojak, shave and have that "sandpaper feeling," that one when whenever one turns one's head, the whiskers with a greater tensile strenght than copper wire and the ability to serve as velcro snag into the collar of one's shirt, tugging it along the way, or I (again) barely just miss cutting into an artery or just miss the jugular. (We don't have an Emoticon for the the "arterial spray," however, you can use your imagination here for this one.)

The aroma was like aftershave....no not at ALL!! Just joking..long day.

The aroma REALLY smelled like what one would expect from an aged Habano, that unmistakable, impossible to imitate aroma of Cuban tobacco, with hints of nuts and cedar.

The cigar cut well, and even before I lit it it had that perfect draw before it was lit, which I have come to expect from the provential factories over the years. I was certain that this was truely going to be a treat.

Now, please excuse that rant, which was not (I repeat was not) induced by alcohol, but instead by frustration caused by crazy drivers wishing to mow me down, with their uninsured clunker for an insurance settlement, and people who don't understand that the speed limit is not like tax system in Hati---IT IS NOT OPTIONAL!! After today I am seriously wondering if Steeve McQueen sired a thousand children, and that they all drive to work on the same road I use in the morning. Back to our regularly scheduled cigar review.

This was the first time I tried a Corona Extra, and as soon as it lit it, it provided a tremendous amount of cool, creamy-textured, white smoke. It led off outright with cedar, tastes of earth, with hints of chocolate and cinnamon, with just a touch of pepper. This was going to be a full-flavored cigar. It, once I corrected the burn (it is mere chance to get a cigar lighted and burn evenly with a cedar spill when there is the slightest breeze, and something that only Peter Graves (as in Mission Impossible) could do when its windy enough to mess up your umbrella), burnt evenly and had anything but a linear profile. Half way through, it with little warning, augmented its former flavors with burst of chocolate flavor which continued through the cigar. Right past the band, the cigar eased into one having a more nutty, even earthy flavor, which I enjoy immensely. A wonderful, wonderful cigar. As the new Trinidads are supposed to have a 44 ring, I can only wait in eager expectation.

I will admit that I have had a limited exposure to Bolivars, mainly due to some harroing encounters of the plugged and bland kind with that destible era know to laymen as January 1999 through the end of July 2000, however, this cigar has beckoned me...grinding into my pallate that they changed the blend before 1998...the aged Bolivars are the nectar of the gods...and that I should...go ahead...take out that credit card and...buy the vintage Bolivars......do what you should to your bank account..........make it SCREEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM!!!!!

Two months from now, more than likely I will get another letter from the bank. It will probably say this:

Dear Account Holder 1300 5430 XXXX XXXX:

I know what you did last summer.
I know what you did two months ago.
I know what you did last week.
I know that this sounds like the title of some outlandish, freaky trashy slasher film that often plays on cable around Halloween, but..........
......Can you pleeeeezzzzeee trade me those Cubans you have for my Opus X again? I can't smoke them any longer!
Sincerely,
Mr. Serious Bankmanagerguy