What's new

Bolivar Corona - 97

Da Klugs

Fluffmeister
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Juices are flowing from the Punch earlier today. Its still 68 degrees here so decided to do a live review of this cigar gifted from MO. (Thank you)

Pre- light it tastes like a ripened Boli. Never had the taste before but it has the essence of today’s boli taste. Just slight crinkle on the roll test. Looks and smells wonderful.

Cracked a Hoegaarden and ready to light this beauty up.

First puff and bam sweet, refined and creamy. The current Boli flavors without all the young strength. What a wonderful bouquet of subtle flavors.

About 3/8 of an inch in. Reminds me of the VR from 98 Navy Doc gave me with a little less strength. Lip smacking, creamy, and subtlety sweet.

Burn is good and the draw is just slightly firm which I prefer.

Hoegaarden was a good choice for this cigar. Little citric seems to compliment the sweetness in the cigar. Getting some high nose twang and tingling on the tip of my tongue. Bat just flew over the pool... cool. Flame adjusted one side. Just the wrap. Cigar is burning nice. About 3/4 of and inch in.

My router fritzed so connected to neighbors wireless. No WEP the schlep.

Little over and inch in. Flavor is starting to richen up. Deeper cedar and hints of cinnamon. Much less powerful than the lil punch this afternoon. Don't have to mentally prepare for each puff. Still reminds of the VR but the flavors are less distinct / more subtle.

Almost a 1/3 into it. So smooth. The smoke is like a velvet blanket it envelops and expands my sinuses. You can do what you like with it in your enjoyment nose, mouth, it just coats and gloats knowing the joy it brings is fleeting and unique.

Got real quiet here. Everything around me seems sharper more essential. The cigar is getting more cedar woody flavors to it. First ash. Decided to do a little secondary inhale. OK maybe not suite that smooth but nice. Just noticed the crabapple is resplendent with blooms. Its 3 feet from me. This cigar has me zoning.

Still not 1/2 way done yet. Looked at Simon on the band. He looked back. Cinnamon and spice is very light and nice. Walking to get another beer.

Fresh beer. Same near paralyzed smoker. Just reaching 1/2 way point. This is a very subtly complex cigar. Getting creamy with a little edge on the finish. Cat just came to say hi. I said hi back. She loves me. Richening up with each puff now.

Burn is perfect. You wish that somehow you can get this smoke deeper into you somewhere. Thinking I will pay anything for more of this. Why have I bought so many fresh cigars? Stronger cedar and maybe some coffee now. MMMMMM.

Still not down to the last 1/3. Glad I can type fast. Nose is richer. Much more tongue twang then before. Seems to smolder vs just burn like its giving its self up reluctantly. Mo I would be your best-us neighbor on the left coast. Deep woody / coffee flavors.

About 1/3 to go. Getting much stronger now. That aged VR flavor profile is coming back (and that’s good). Draw was getting tough did a quick purge. OOOOHHHHHHH

Just past 1/3 point. This is really really good. Kind of like when you are surprised by "skills" in a woman. Just sitting back and appreciating it. You can see the oils burning off around the burn line on the wrapper. facing into the wind and the smell is heavenly. Really complex flavors rich, and subtle all on this nice creamy palette.

Crickets are out. Flavor changed again. Getting caramel and cinnamon. Pulled Simon off and put him on the keyboard. Seems amused. About and inch and a half left. Nose is getting sharper but taste is getting creamy.

Real creamy now. Sweet salty on the back of the tongue. I lied before still over an inch to go. Really wish this was a double corona. Maybe one of those new trinnies.

Just ashed again (3rd). Having a hard time thinking about what to say. Nice Nice Nice. Goin 3d. Couldn’t drive now if my life depended on it.

Now that's what I'm talkin about. (Will Smith) If someone else was here I'd offer a hit. I need to be smoking this kind of cigar more often. Getting short. Please don't end too soon. Cedar, coffee, caramel, hell I don’t know it tastes Great.

Under an inch. Starting to feel remorse. Little sharp on the nose but the flavor... ohh the flavor. Lips and tongue moving all around. Do aged cigars burn longer? What am I going to smoke now and feel good about?

Cats back. Seems empathetic.

Fingers hot. Cigar not. Soo good. Simon is doing a little victory dance. Very very rich. My tongue is sizzling. Shuddering on each exhale. So good so strong. Beer helps.

Sinatra song comes into my head. And now the end is near....

Still puffin but my fingers are burning. Amazing the cigar still tastes great. typing with one hand is hard.

This was a very enjoyable smoke. Thank you Mo a special treat.

It's over... now

Da Klugs

Fluffmeister
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
Dang, nice review...it's like a short story. :thumbsup:
Thanks. It started out as about 15 different posts over an hour and 20 minutes last night. I clipped them and cleaned up the spelling (not a strength). Thought it might be a nice first review here.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
smokem94 said:
Awesome review.....DAMN I NEED a cigar now! Smoked one on the way to work but didn't bring another for the ride home!
Same here, but I don't like to smell like smoke when I get home and my daughter comes running up to give me a hug.