What's new

Bolivar No. 2 Tubo from '98

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Oooooooooooooohohohohohohohohhohohohohohoooooooooo!

This is a WONDERFUL cigar!

I received this little tubo from a fellow brother in a sampler. The packaging is a nice looking tubo in bright yellow. I've kept it in the tubo in the humi as there is cedar lining inside and I'll be keeping the tube for a nice little corona sized cigar holder.

OK, on to the cigar. Construction was beautiful. Nice firm fill with a nice looking Colarado wrapper with NO veins. The draw was PERFECT. Easy, with just the slightest resistance.

After toasting the foot I took the first drag and knew, immediately, that I was in for a great ride. Tons and tons of cuban flavor with woodsy tones and a hint of pepper like spice. This lasted for the first inch, inch and a half and soon after another taste started showing itself, a sweet taste, something like honey. This taste not only stayed with me the rest of the way, but came powering through in every puff following a purge. Heck, it almost made me want to purge every other puff! I took this puppy down to the nub and wished there was more.

At around $150 (or less), this is definately making my short list.

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I have a few of the same smoke, might be time to torch one!!!!

Ironman

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Nice review. I was just looking into picking up some of these myself. In doing a little research on them, it appears as though they are the Boli PC in a tube. Seems like most folks prefer the PC. So, I wasn't sure just what would be gained by the tube (except for perhaps some long term aging). Any thoughts?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I did notice when looking for these that they appear to be the same size as the Boli PC. I'd be interested in hearing any one's thoughts on that. Wasch...I'll keep that in mind bro'. Once I get back from vacation this week I'm going to seriously see about unloading some of my NC stock to finance/make room for these "other" cigars. : )

If that works out that sounds like a great plan.

1f1fan

Toast!
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Nice review. I love it when you know a cigar is "on" from the very minute you light that baby up and take the first puff!