Year: OCT 03
Size: 4.7/8" x 50
Smoke time: approx. 45 minutes
Construction: beautiful pre-light, wrapper fell off when lit
Burn: razor sharp
Ash: mottled gray

Description:
1st Third - white peppery start, easy transaction into woody tones
2nd Third - wood and earthy flavors played a game of duck duck goose around my palate. wonderful.
3rd Third - finished of pleasantly earthy

Summation:

received this box the previous day and after passing visual muster I picked 3 from the box and loaded them into my pocket case. next day I met a friend at a bar to watch the colts vs. patriots game and so this review begins...

cigar looked flawless, sporting a neat triple cap, veinless wrapper and a slim box press. clipped the head off with my xikar and instantly noticed a crack near the head. it progressively grew longer as I took a couple of pre-light draws and fully ruptured once I applied a flame to it. fortunately, it was the only disappointing aspect of this little robusto.

the draw on this cigar is what every cuban cigar should be. not too restricted and not too loose, just perfect. produced copious amounts of rich chewy smoke. my non-cigar smoking friend even commented on how beautiful the clouds of smoke this havana was putting out.

burned razor sharp all the way through, but unfortanetly I was left holding a binder wrapped stick for the wrapper had decided to go the way of janet jackson's tear away bra at a superbowl halftime show.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
the cigar seemed to smoke better without the tattered wrapper getting in the way. towards the end it was all gnarly looking like a backwoods :smt037

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GuyMcBeerdrinker said:
unfortanetly I was left holding a binder wrapped stick for the wrapper had decided to go the way of janet jackson's tear away bra at a superbowl halftime show.
It's good that you wrap your stick with a binder if you're going to be licking nipples :smt110 :smt046

Barry

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Good review of one of my favorite sticks, classic boli in my eyes :)

Sorry to hear about the bad wrapper, though you never really know whats going to happen with one ROTT

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
For whatever strange reason, I've fallen out of love with these.
Smoked them for a while but just find the rest of the Boli line suits me better such as the BBF, BCJ and BCG's. Oh well, more for you guys!