What's new

Bonsai???

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bought one of the ones from Lowe’s but it didn’t last long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I don’t have any bonsai (yet) but I’ve got a small selection of succulents that I’ve managed to keep alive for a while now. And a pretty bitchin’ jade tree, too.

Here’s a few of my babies from about a year ago. They’ve grow a bit since then.

I hear that the secret to keeping a bonsai alive and thriving is to allow it to experience all four seasons. In other words, they don’t do well inside. The problem is, because they are kept in small pots if you live in a zone that has freezing temps during the winter they will freeze solid which is also no good.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Yeah I'm just about to head down the slope... looks like a steep one from where I'm standing. Been spending about 50% of my free time researching and as soon as I get back from my honeymoon I'll be nose diving off the cliff!!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I went down that road a few years back. Had 3 different style junipers and another small one I can’t remember. Had prob $500-600 in them and about a year in they started dying slowly. Could have been my fault but Not sure what happened. They all died adventually and I never bought anymore. Awesome hobby tho. Just costly little trees but so badass looking when they are thriving Good Luck and post some pics of the trees you get.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I went down that road a few years back. Had 3 different style junipers and another small one I can’t remember. Had prob $500-600 in them and about a year in they started dying slowly. Could have been my fault but Not sure what happened. They all died adventually and I never bought anymore. Awesome hobby tho. Just costly little trees but so badass looking when they are thriving Good Luck and post some pics of the trees you get.
Yeah that's my biggest fear mate. Hence the extensive research, got my soil mix sorted, good free draining stuff, feed micro amount every day. But yeah I'll likely buy pre-bonsai mostly, I'll be getting like <$30 plants to start with. Try train them into bonsai myself. And yeah I'll start a thread with pics for sure.