What's new

Books

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I read a lot but mostly sci/fantasy though mysteries get me from time to time. The legend of drizzt series is one of my favorites. Haven't picked up a new book or series in awhile. Been reading a lot of manga recently

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have probably 400 books. I am on chapter 1 or 2 in all of them. ;) Can't concentrate worth a damn. Currently reading...trying to read and stay with it - Herbal Medicine - Trends and Tradition by Charles W. Kane. Pretty interesting to me at least...

Bearclaw

The dude playin the dude disquised as another dude
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I read a lot but mostly sci/fantasy though mysteries get me from time to time. The legend of drizzt series is one of my favorites. Haven't picked up a new book or series in awhile. Been reading a lot of manga recently
Try Dune if you haven't. It's a classic sci-fi series if you have the patience

KLF

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm a sci-fi/fantasy reader in the last few years. Right now I am reading the Mistborn series, by Brandon Sanderson. Good stuff !

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of you brothers much in to reading? I'm enjoying this book immensely. View attachment 66618

The cigar is my third of the day and not bad, but the book is better.
Hands down one of the BEST books out there. Theres so much to learn from it, great story and definitely one to reread! I recommend the other books in the "series" Streets of Laredo, Dead Mans Walk, and Comanche Moon. Lonesome Dove is the 3rd chronologically, but i prefer to read books in their published order.

Im reading Nicolae from the Left Behind Series. Been wanting to complete this series for awhile.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
I love to read. It varies from non fiction to fiction, to history to biography. I just enjoy a great book. I read Lonesome dove over 15 years ago. Was a long read, but very enjoyable. Currently reading Lone Survivor, Marcus Luttreells book.

And I read the BiBle everyday. Most important book for me.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I just finished Boys in the Boat, a fascinating narrative about the Olympic rowing team that won gold at Berlin in 1936. Highly recommend.

The last books I read that I'd also recommend are:
Bonhoeffer, by Eric Mataxas
Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand
True Grit, by Charles Porter

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Lonesome Dove is a great, entertaining book. I love the miniseries too. I haven't read the other books in the series.

I just finished reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn (author of Gone Girl). All three of her books were really good. I don't know what's next on my list.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I enjoy reading. I tend to read in spurts. I'll read 8 or 10 books in a row, then for some unkown reason not touch a book for 6 months. I enjoy military biographies. Lone Survivor, Generation Kill, and anything by Ambrose are great. I just read Outlaw Platoon, and it was amazing. True crime fascinates me as well. For the last 20 years, my go to genre though, has been fantasy. I'm currently rereading The Prince of Nothing series by R Scott Bakker. Hands down my favorite series in recent memory. Better than Martin, or Jordan.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
A pass could work if each person just put in one paperback for the next person. Could be a winner or a stinker, but it adds to teh fun. I read a lot of mysteries 20-60s: Chandler, Hammett, Jim Thompson, David Goodis, Patricia Highsmith. Currently reading In the Realm Of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters With Addiction by Gabor Mate