What's new

Boston!!! August 9-12

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
So my girlfriend and I will be visiting my sister in boston from the 8th-13th of August. I'm game to meet up with anyone the 9th-12th.

What are some places I definitely need to check out? I've heard about l.j. Peretti's, but I'm sure there are some others, too!

If anybody can meet up, preferably one of those afternoons, we could share a few smokes. My sister goes to BU, so I'll be staying there, but I can go wherever the T will take me.

TYLER

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
cool! i'll be there!! okay, maybe not.... my lady's brother is a professor at BU! i'll check and see if he can hook up w/you!

marccote

Cigar Companero Editor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My grandmothers family is from Boston, my favorite place is Cheers bar, go in and look for the man with the bald head and the handlebar mustache, he is a tall man, he is like the real Norm and Cliff, ask him to show you the second floor I believe it is and where his favorite place to grab a nap is, have him show you around and tell you the real stories of Cheers, hopefully he is still around, I forget his name but he is amazing, the stairs going up are a circular stairway, it is amazing, ask him the story about Liz Taylor.

Other than that the Marina district is pretty cool, if you go to Park Plaza, you are on the property that my great grandfather had his restaurant, around 79 Park Plaza to be more specific near Arlington St, I believe it is a Italian place now, and with a smoking patio. If you can go to the theater district also. Boylston Street, and that area, my great grandfather owned many of block houses there also. they lived on Beacon Hill for a time, before he got old and moved downtown, if I remember right it was on Boylston Street where he lived when he passed in the mid 70's. He was a very well known man and if you run into any very old looking prestigious locals ask them about George Marcus Romanos. He was well known in the 50's, 60's.

So my girlfriend and I will be visiting my sister in boston from the 8th-13th of August. I'm game to meet up with anyone the 9th-12th.

What are some places I definitely need to check out? I've heard about l.j. Peretti's, but I'm sure there are some others, too!

If anybody can meet up, preferably one of those afternoons, we could share a few smokes. My sister goes to BU, so I'll be staying there, but I can go wherever the T will take me.

TYLER

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you waited 2 weeks I would be up there. I have been to Cigar Master and Stanza several times. The wife and I have enjoyed both. When we go up its usually for 2 or 3 nights. So we try to get to both if we can. Have fun!

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Paging.....gpugliese......paging....

Tyler, I'd love to come up, it's an 8 hour drive though....now, if you'd like to meet half way in NYC, I could be game.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I can attest that Cigar Masters is a great place but get there early for a good seat. If you drive towards Framingham on Route 9 stop by Watch City Cigar.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Hey I am pretty busy this weekend but if you want I can try to meet up Sat afternoon and have a smoke or two. Let me konw your time frame and I will see what I can do.

http://www.cigarmasters.com/

http://www.yelp.com/biz/churchills-lounge-boston

www.stanzadeisigari.com
Saturday should work. I'm not really busy at any particular time -- we're just hanging out in Boston. Only specific thing I wanted to do was to catch a ball game, but I'm not 100% sure on that one yet.

TYLER

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
We could do Sunday too! Saturday or Sunday will definitely work. Or I can meet up with people on both days.

Richard, would you be able to do Sat. afternoon? Maybe around 1 or 2pm? Cigar Masters sounds like a pretty neat place.

TYLER

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
So Sunday afternoon looks like it's the best time for me. If anyone can make it, that would be great! I think Sunday at Cigar Masters around 1:00 would work well for me, but let me know!

TYLER

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
How was it guys? I hope you were able to hook up with Rich, Tyler. What a glorious time of the year to be walking the streets of the North End.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Fun trip indeed! Didn't get to meet Rich, but I smoked a couple cigars at Cigar Masters. Pretty cool place! Also talked to the guys at Gloucester St. Tobacco for a while and they were nice too.

TYLER