What's new

BOTL Blind reviews of Quintero Favorito UMA OCT12

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
For our 6th and final review cigar. We will be reviewing a Quintero Favorito UMA OCT 12

I would like to thank all of the reviewers for participating in this and hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

The panel consists of

1) Hot_Sauce
2) pbibby
3) srduggins
3) calgon
5) Zen Smoker 222

Reviewer No.1

Drink: Budweiser

Appearance: I redish and slighly rough looking cigar. Not soft or tight spots to the feel. The cigar appears to be a petit robusto sized cigar.

Prelight/cut: The cigar cut well with my Cuban Crafters cutter. Get a nice pre light draw and taste earthy tobacco.

1/3rd: Fire this cigar up with my Zippo tourch and I get an earthy flavor with some youth. Cigar produces a darker grey ash that want to fall off after a half inch or so. Geting a nice burn so far. I'd say that it's on the fuller side of meduim in strenght and body. I get a nice volume of thick smoke from this cigar.

2/3rd: Cigar is pretty much the same as from the begining. I do detect some sweetness starting to evolve. Needed a minor touch up.

3/3rd: Still get that earthy tobacco taste but then it go's a little bit south on me. Starts to taste muted and sour. Put it down with a little over an inch of it left. Cigar had a good volume of smoke all the way to the end and I would say also say that the strenght went down just a bit as well to meduim.

Afterthoughts: I think that this cigar could use a little age before trying again. score 85/100.

Reviewer No.2

Cigar #6 is rough looking stick. Looks to be about a robusto size cigar. The wrapper smells like barnyard and cinnamon. Also a little cedar. Smells nice, looking forward to lighting it up.

Prelight : cinnamon. But not much else. Let's get to it.

1st: Sweet notes to start. Very light body on this thing so far. Tough to get much flavor. This is the weirdest experience I've had. Smoke production is nothing. The draw is fine, but just not producing any smoke. (and yes, the cigar is lit). I'll try to keep going but I am literally getting nothing.

2nd: Much of the same here. Sweet notes coming through on what I can get. Some earth, but not much. Again, just no smoke at all coming from the cigar.

Overall : Disappointing. Seemed like some nice smells and Prelight tastes. But it's all good. Sure beats work. Score=70

Thanks guys!

Reviewer No.3

A short Hermosa #4, rough looking Colorado brown wrapper.
Smells of Barnyard and earth.
A perfect draw reveals tea and leather flavors.

1st third: A nice balance of earth and leather with herbal overtones and a touch of sweetness. A fair amount of burn in the retrohale. The smoke just coats the palate. Medium body. I thought I detected a hint of chocolate and later raisin, but it disappeared quickly.

2nd third: The flavors amp up in intensity and gain a dried fruit component. Very little burn in the retrohale. Med/Full body.

Final third: Tunneling requires many touchups and purges to return to an even burn. A return to medium body with similar flavors throughout. The final inch turned dirty and sour.

Final thoughts: a tasty stick with a variety of flavors that don't change much, but the variation in the intensity of flavors provide interest. The final third knocks this one down a little. 89 points.
My guess: Quintero Favoritos.

Way to go Steve for correctly guessing this cigar:tiphat:

Reviewer No.4

Unavailable

Reviewer No.5

Unavailable