What's new

BOTL suicide

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
A dear brother of mine showed up to work this morning, took his boat out on Lake Tahoe and shot himself in the head. I have always been afraid of talking to people about my problems because I don't want to seem weak, so I bottle things up. We should never feel like we can't talk to somebody when things are going downhill. I encourage any of you struggling to speak up and if you think you know someone struggling to try and help them before its to late. My ears are always open, and I'm pretty sure most everybody on here is willing to listen, even if we don't know each other that well. We are all family and we gotta do our best to help each other make it to the finish line. I encourage all of you to tell your family, friends, and even people that you may not know that well that you love them. It"s so important, and its the only way we can get through all the rough times. Much love to all of you my brothers.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Sorry for your loss, brother. That sucks. Talking is not weakness. It is quite the opposite. And that is where so many of us struggle. Finding the strength and courage to open ourselves to a fellow human being.
I stand by you brother, anybody that needs an ear, reach out. Somebody here has been through the same shit.
Stronger together!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Man, sorry to hear that. That's tragic and I'm truly sorry for your loss. I agree...it's easier to avoid talking about what troubles us. True strength is to admit your feelings, fears, problems, etc and just get them out there. This life ain't an easy or kind one for most of us. Here's hoping for healing for you, and all those your friend left behind.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sorry to hear. So many people struggle today, but so few feel confident or comfortable talking to others. How to cross that bridge...I don’t have the answer, but agree with you that I’ve always got an ear. Don’t always work - but, I would always try to convince anyone life is worth living.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I am sorry that you are going through this. I know the pain and grief can be overwhelming. I've seen the effects these situations can have on those left behind.

Please find someone you can talk with about it or feel free to vent here. Bottles up emotions and lack of coping skills can have extremely detrimental impacts on your physical and mental health as well as the health of those around you.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
My Mom attempted suicide when I was young, and I have seen countless suicides when I worked in law enforcement. It is always tragic. It tends to happen without warning signs, which makes it even more difficult to fathom. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, highsierrasmokin'.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Guys please don't think talking is weak. I cry quite often, and am an emotional guy. Please don't bottle stuff up. I'm not as active here as I used to be but I still know this is one of the best communities out there. BOTL is truly a brotherhood. Reach out on here if help is needed and I KNOW help will arrive.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
My Mom attempted suicide when I was young, and I have seen countless suicides when I worked in law enforcement. It is always tragic. It tends to happen without warning signs, which makes it even more difficult to fathom. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, highsierrasmokin'.
My mother did the same when I was a kid, but luckily didn't succeed.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I had to talk a guy down from suicide by cop about two weeks ago. It isn't something that ever gets ever gets easier. These days the attempted suicides and suicides are the things that I can still vividly see when I close my eyes. I've seen probably a dozen over the last decade working in hospitals. They are the sights I don't think will ever leave me.

Honestly, that is one reason I keep a bottle of Jameson in the house. I don't drink very often, but sometimes it helps.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
peace brother. I've had my share of experiences as well. Doesn't make it any easier. Curious as to what kind of work he did. I have a good friend that works on the lake during the summer.
All I can say is he's a mechanic. We are trying to keep things on the down low for his kids sake.