What's new

botls' rolls

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Broke my homerolled hoarding habit. Burnt a Hooligan Handroll while watching Monday Night Football.

Picture of three marshmallows on the band, and a teeny tiny I-need-a-microscope caption: "Mischievous Marshmallow". Guess what? It really does taste like toasted marshmallow!

Oddly, I am one of the three people this side of Timbuktoo who does not care for toasted marshmallow. I go to a campout, someone hauls out the marshmallow bag, I grab a couple before they put the puffers on sticks and ruin them. It's like mac and cheese: Don't like it. Me and some other guy named Borat, and we're the only two idiots on the whole third rock from the sun don't like mac and cheese. Everyone else, it's a staple. What can you say? Ironically, I get bombed by the only guy who's figured out how to make a toasted marshmallow cigar.

What I did like was the coffee that came thru with the morning mouth. Tasty. And I liked the wrapper on my tongue. Sweet.

I have been warned to wait a few before firing up any more of these. So I can't spark any more HHs until maybe December, I figure. I'll dig round the homeroll box and see what else I can sacrifice on the altar of fire.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Today I fired up this Hooligan HandRoll named Cherry Bomb:

I like these coronitos. Maybe 42 rg, 5". Hard to roll something small and skinny and still get it to draw well. This was a touch tight. But extremely flavorful. A real nubber. I believe BH says criollo ligero, corojo viso, wrapped in Ec hab seco. Dunno what proportions nor what binder. Damn good.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Today I fired up this Hooligan HandRoll named Cherry Bomb:

I like these coronitos. Maybe 42 rg, 5". Hard to roll something small and skinny and still get it to draw well. This was a touch tight. But extremely flavorful. A real nubber. I believe BH says criollo ligero, corojo viso, wrapped in Ec hab seco. Dunno what proportions nor what binder. Damn good.
That's a 1:1:1 blend of Ecuadorian habano seco (LO), corojo viso, and criollo ligero with a Dominican binder and Ecuadorian habano ligero wrapper. A real crowd pleaser. For that 40rg gem I used 1/2 leaf of each filler, with the full sized version I use a whole leaf of each filler. Glad you found one of my bends that fits your wheelhouse well!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I don't think DIY Pete is a member here, far as I know. He is a member at FTT... tho I haven't seen him there for a while. He rolls these Southbound cigars, like this Southbound #2 (with an appended 6). Has a velvety feel. Nice mata fina, tho a touch more ligero than I would have added. Smooth chocolate retro. Flavor off the charts.

The beer, however, is brewed by our brother Brewin Hooligan here. I include the cap in the pic in hopes BH can tell from the symbol on the cap what brew this is. That cap was a tad loose on the bottle, BTW, so that this beer had very little head. That happens when your capper doesn't clamp down straight. The flavor was plenty good, tho. A nice hoppy IPA. Very refreshing bitterness. Highly recommended.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I don't think DIY Pete is a member here, far as I know. He is a member at FTT... tho I haven't seen him there for a while. He rolls these Southbound cigars, like this Southbound #2 (with an appended 6). Has a velvety feel. Nice mata fina, tho a touch more ligero than I would have added. Smooth chocolate retro. Flavor off the charts.

The beer, however, is brewed by our brother Brewin Hooligan here. I include the cap in the pic in hopes BH can tell from the symbol on the cap what brew this is. That cap was a tad loose on the bottle, BTW, so that this beer had very little head. That happens when your capper doesn't clamp down straight. The flavor was plenty good, tho. A nice hoppy IPA. Very refreshing bitterness. Highly recommended.
I must have thought it was my Oktoberfest but I may have mislabeled it and in that case it was my rye IPA. Glad you enjoyed it and the stick sounds real good too. Sometimes when you bottle off the keg they don't hold carb real well either. Sorry about that.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
After hoarding BOTL's rolls for a couple years now, all of a sudden I'm on a smoke 'em BOTL's kick. BH started it. Blame him.

Latest was this gem, BrewinHooligan's "51 MH" ... whatever that stands for:

Perhaps he can enlighten us what's in it. Quality burn, smooth effect, medium maduro flavor. One of those things where, it's not the style I aim at, but it is real damn good.

Hey BH, Bearswatter likes your bands, by the way.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Blend 51 is: 1 nica habano seco, 1 criollo viso (from Willy), 1 corojo ligero, and a Dominican binder. I think my handwriting was sloppy there and the wrapper is probably Mata Fina (should have been MF). I'm glad the bands are Bearswatter approved! My friend did me a favor making up the design

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Reached for one of these Sheiks from @webmost tonight. I don't recall the exact blend but I enjoy it and enjoy that corojo wrapper's flavor.

It is very creamy and smooth to my taste with a very nice spice on the retro. Would go well with a fresh cup of coffee I think

Have a box of them stashed. When I rolled them I thought they were the bomb. But last time I tried one, I didn't care for it at all. Maybe it's time to crack that box open and try again. Or maybe it's time to send them to you.

Damn! Looked for them just now in my inventory spreadsheet, to see what the blend was --- not there! I don't know where they got to. Have to check the closet. Maybe I already gave them away. No tellin.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Found the little buggers! 14 left (there were 15 but I burnt one during TNF). The blend is 1 Jorge viso, 1 Jorge seco, 1/2 Jorge ligero, bound and wrapped in WLT corojo oscuro. Wrapper rough as a cob. Aged since May.

The one I smoked started pleasant enough, nothing to write home about, surprised how well the corojo oscuro burnt after six months, considering how inflammable it was before. But somewheres about half way, it harshed up on me. Didn't like it no more.

I tossed it and pulled out a fresh Lorenzo Carnicero, which is simply two corojo seco bound in one dominican volado wrapped in Larry Butcher's (hence the cigar's name) Sumatra wrapper organically grown by him in Kentucky. Oh yeah. Talk about a smooth operation.

Was on the way to nubbing that number when the Raiders comeback collapsed, so I got disgusted and went to bed. The message of that game is: when your quarterback has a dislocated finger on his throwing hand and it's 14 degrees out, just how bad is your backup QB?

I'll send these to you if you promise not to send back. I presently own well north of a thousand cigars, I estimate. It is entirely way out of hand. I would take a chaveta or ulu if you have a spare. I'm planning a Christmas give away to any aspiring roller wannabe who might be willing to step up. I've got tons of leaves, a long box for them, glue, ... but no chavetta. I'd like to send the complete kit. If you don't, never mind. Guy can use a pizza cutter.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I haven't bothered counting my sticks in a long long time. Recent peeks into the stash tell me I could go anywhere from 5-10 years without rolling or buying a single cigar yet I still try to roll close to 50 a week if I can and more just keep showing up somehow... I don't have a spare chaveta, but I do have a ulu knife I don't use anymore.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I haven't bothered counting my sticks in a long long time. Recent peeks into the stash tell me I could go anywhere from 5-10 years without rolling or buying a single cigar yet I still try to roll close to 50 a week if I can and more just keep showing up somehow... I don't have a spare chaveta, but I do have a ulu knife I don't use anymore.
Kewl. I'll pack these up this weekend.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Pictures or i don't believe you

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
150ct humi that's stuffed:

300ct that has some room (I just need to move things around):

Cooler #1 that is stuffed:

Cooler #2 that I'm working on stuffing:

Now get off my lawn!!
So you need more storage? From what I understand, if everything is full, then there isn't enough storage. If there is room, then there isn't enough sticks. :)

Last edited: