What's new

Bourbon raffle

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My local store is having a bourbon raffle tomorrow, and I've got a few tickets entered. On the off chance I get a chance to buy one of these bottles, any suggestions on what to get? Assume I'm buying to keep the bottle (as I have no idea where to sell on the secondary market). To me, Pappy, Old Fitz, and George T. Stagg are no brainers, but I've got no clue on a lot of the others. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Do they let you pick the bottle, or do you get what you get?

George Stagg
Thomas Handy
Pappy 15 Year
Old Forester Birthday
Pappy 10 Year
Willlett 8 Year
EHT Barrel Proof
Remus Gatsby

All good choices on the list, those would be what I would choose but everyone's palates differ.

Stuff I'd avoid if picking from that list (based on my palate and perceived value):

Blanton's
Elmer T Lee
Willett Family Rye (4 year)
Caribou Crossing

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I thought it was going to be pick a bottle if your number was drawn, but instead, each bottle had its own number. I was lucky enough to get two bottles. Probably overpaid for the Weller, but I'm quite happy with a bottle of Stagg for $90.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I thought it was going to be pick a bottle if your number was drawn, but instead, each bottle had its own number. I was lucky enough to get two bottles. Probably overpaid for the Weller, but I'm quite happy with a bottle of Stagg for $90.

Congrats, 2 great bottles!

Weller Full Proof goes from 220-250 on secondary, if you paid less than 200 you did pretty good.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Congrats, 2 great bottles!

Weller Full Proof goes from 220-250 on secondary, if you paid less than 200 you did pretty good.
I don't feel so bad then. Paid 130 for the Weller. Guess I was just surprised that the "slightly above msrp" was higher for the Weller than the Stagg.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I don't feel so bad then. Paid 130 for the Weller. Guess I was just surprised that the "slightly above msrp" was higher for the Weller than the Stagg.

Yes, I'd buy a case of WFP at that price, you did good.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I bought my last bottle of ETL for 35$ and Stagg JR for 60$… these prices are getting nuts lol

Go drink some OGD BID, EW BID, or the Makers cask strength and save some money for cigars :LOL:

Nice pickups l, always loved the color blue on that Weller FP