What's new

Boutique Cigars?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have heard the term boutique cigar labels/companies/etc. used a few times recently and I was wondering if there is a definition for what constitutes a boutique cigar company. Does it have to do with vertical integration or just the size of the company? Do companies that do not manufacture their own cigars count? I have heard the term used for some companies that I would think classify as larger than a boutique outfit, but I'm not really too sure. What are your opinions on boutique cigar manufacturers and which companies fall into this category. Are they better? Worse? What about prices?

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
gurkha was once considered a 'boutique' cigar, when it first hit the scene. i haven't heard it called that in some time, and their lineup is huge now. maybe it has to do with its exclusivity. then again, maybe not!

jeff

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The source is typically very reliable.........

There are boutique, and there are national. Boutique brands are generally smaller operations with limited and/or small-batch productions. CAO is considered boutique.

General and Altadis produce national brands...Macanudo, Cohiba, Montecristo, Punch, Hoyo de Monterrey, etc.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
The source is typically very reliable.........

There are boutique, and there are national. Boutique brands are generally smaller operations with limited and/or small-batch productions. CAO is considered boutique.

General and Altadis produce national brands...Macanudo, Cohiba, Montecristo, Punch, Hoyo de Monterrey, etc.
Cool thanks,