What's new

Boveda Acrylic humidors

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Call me crazy but I think a desktop humi should be made of wood. I get the “presentation” aspect of it but wouldn’t something nice and handmade look better than a fancy piece of Tupperware? Oh and that price is absurd.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
^ I tend to agree, and if you’re going plastic tupperdore or cooler is exponentially cheaper. I have a sterilite air tight container from target that stores about 500+ sticks that cost like 12 bucks and works great. I’m sure the Boveda works just as fine but I wouldn’t personally pay 200 for a fancy piece of Tupperware.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
With Ultra Violet light being detrimental to cigars I never understood the attraction of glass top or clear humidors.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
The price does seem pretty high for what it is, & a tupperdore or coolerdore would have more capacity. But, I really don’t need that much storage right now & if I ever do one could be set up fairly cheap from what I’ve read. I’m sure I’ll get there eventually. I really would like to have a desktop display humidor in my man room. I’ve had good luck with the ease of care that I’ve gotten from my acrylic jar humidor with a boveda pack, which is why I was looking into larger acrylic storage solutions, but I’ve about outgrown it. I’ve read that a lot of wood desktop humidors have to be constantly messed with to maintain a consistent rh. I think that the wood ones are really nice looking, but I just don’t want to deal with the hassle that I’ve read they can cause. It’s just easier for me to throw in some boveda packs & not worry about it.

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
Do you have Prime? go out to amazon and get the Sistema 1870 container and (2) Fess storage cedar trays.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I bought one of the small ones a while back. I didn't like keeping my wineador open so often while I dig around for a smoke. The idea was to keep a variety of cigars in the Boveda humidor for quick access, and for presentation. I never could get the intense plastic smell out to my satisfaction. I tried everything I could think of, baking soda, vinegar, dish soap, coffee grounds, activated carbon, sit out in the sun. A month later and it seemed the smell was as strong as the day I got it. I ended up shooting off an email to Boveda, kindly asking them if they had any recommendations for getting out the smell. They apologized and promptly returned my money, $70 I think. I now use it as an accessories box for cutters, lighters, etc.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Pass, those are for a store or something.. I'd get a tupper for extra storage and a nice desktop for display, if you're even worried about that aspect.. then move on to a wino :D

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
It’s not about function; I have a couple Tupperdors for yard gars.

It’s about form, it just looks pretty. Same reason I have a wineador instead of a freezador or coolidor.

@ChuckMejia, you have any issues with tobacco dust/flakes or fingerprints?

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
It’s not about function; I have a couple Tupperdors for yard gars.

It’s about form, it just looks pretty. Same reason I have a wineador instead of a freezador or coolidor.

@ChuckMejia, you have any issues with tobacco dust/flakes or fingerprints?
Nope but I dust my office a lot and keep it clean.

Appearance-wise it’s worth the tag for a desk piece.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking. Does the bottom slide out to swap packs for maintenance? Worth noting no hinges on the lid.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for letting me know. Too bad they didn't design it differently. Will wait for the next version to re-evaluate...

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I bought one of the small ones a while back. I didn't like keeping my wineador open so often while I dig around for a smoke. The idea was to keep a variety of cigars in the Boveda humidor for quick access, and for presentation. I never could get the intense plastic smell out to my satisfaction. I tried everything I could think of, baking soda, vinegar, dish soap, coffee grounds, activated carbon, sit out in the sun. A month later and it seemed the smell was as strong as the day I got it. I ended up shooting off an email to Boveda, kindly asking them if they had any recommendations for getting out the smell. They apologized and promptly returned my money, $70 I think. I now use it as an accessories box for cutters, lighters, etc.
That's good!!! I've heard that their customer service is top notch.

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
That would be great for bulk storage under the bed, in the closet, etc., and it would function just as well if not better. But, I'm really wanting more of a display piece.
I can tell that you don't have clue on the sizing :D
That is equivalent to a 120ct humidor:
20180711_201037.jpg

Last edited: