What's new

Boveda Butler on sale at Fox cigar

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Well, good news. The app has been updated and works flawlessly and instantaneously. This now does exactly what I want it to do, and I'm 100% satisfied. Recommended, so long as they don't break it again.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
There are still a lot of people as recently as 3/19/19 complaining about the integration to Android and the version you are using was last updated in December of 2018. I hope others that have had the same success as you post up and let me know what type of phone they are using. I have a J7 (embarrassed to say) Guess I should go ahead and buy one to see how it works out, they're cheap enough.

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I've got 4 now and just got in a 32% calibration packet. I'm going to recalibrate the 1 along with the 3 new ones. Im on S8+ I'll try to remember to post up my experience in a few days when it's all said and done.

The last calibration efforts were worse than I described in my last post.

Sent from my SM-G955N using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I'm now running 4 of these, two are originals, and two are newer after they renamed them butler (stupid name by the way, Boveda sensor was just fine IMO). Running on iOS.

I've had the best luck calibrating at the RH and temperature I plan to use, so usually a small container inside my wineador with a Boveda 65. This requires calibrating manually in the app and not using the calibration wizard. The wizard will only let you use certain RH to calibrate. When I calibrated to 75% using the included kit, they would read a few points high when I put them in with a 65% pack to check them. After calibrating properly, they all work great, agree with each other and with my other hygros.

I have had to replace the battery in one of them just the other day after just a few months. I noticed that one of the sensors had not synced with the app for several days. Replacing the battery solved the issue and got it to reconnect. I never received any low battery notification through the app like you're supposed to. Not sure if this was just a cheap/old battery, or if these thing are power hogs, time will tell.

I've had no major issues with the iOS app. There were a couple of times when the app seemed to take a long time to launch, and the recent data would not load. I had to kill the app and relaunch. This made it pull in the data. This has only happened a couple of times. Looking at the version history in the app store, it looks like this was a widespread issue that was corrected in an update 2 weeks ago.

Now if they would just release an update that let's RH and temp read in tenths of a percent/degree, these would be darn near perfect. Also worth noting, I believe you can only sync 5 sensors. If you need more than 5, you have to use a 2nd device. This seems like something that can potentially be corrected in a future app update.

Based on my experience, I recommend these over the competition. For the price, you can't beat them. If money is no issue, go with Sensorpush.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I am assuming I can connect the sensor push in addition to my existing smartwatch to the J7. I checked and I have Bluetooth version 4.1 and Android 8 both required by Sensor push. I read that there is only one audio channel (used by the watch) but I should have access to two Bluetooth devices. As far as you guys know am I correct with this information?

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Just now able to switch all 4 sensors to 32% RH packet after 48 hours. Was dealing with some would connect others wouldn't. Then others would connect and the ones that had connected wouldn't connect. The first one that started 75% calibration was the 3rd to finish after about 36 hours. And as of now these are the readings still inside the 75% packet. All 4 are now connected.

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
So as of now, after almost 3 weeks. My issue w the Boveda Butler seems to be one acting erratic about battery level. After a few days of receiving it it was showing about 80% battery life. Some times it shows upin red and it's a critical level. This one has also swung in RH ranging from 61 to 74. In full disclosure, I may have sat the sensor to close to the lid, causing it to drop, and I added some water to the KL, which may have caused it to rise. My thing is, it was showing stable. Once I added water it spiked, then went down but went down about 5% under the rh it was before water was added. As of now I'm still messing with that one. Probably just gonna put another sensor in with it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read through this thread since fox is running this same sale again and I was curious since I use boveda in my tupadors. After reading through this and then remembering why I use Boveda in the first place is for piece of mind, put the pack in and that's it nothing to worry about, I do have a cheap dial style hydrometer in each tupador that I calibrated just to know if the boveda is drying out since its under all my sticks but this boveda butler just seems like it takes the whole set and forget that boveda packs are suppose to be about in the first place. I suppose if you're using the butler with manual humidifiers then it could be of some use though.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I can see the value if you do not go into your humidors regularly to check standalone hygrometers. Most of my cigars are in refrigerators in my garage and I have been know to leave a door open or have a circuit trip. I may never be aware that the temperatures are no longer controlled. Same thing with the humidity, Boveda packs are great but they, in my opinion, take some time to stabilize the humidity. When adding new cigars to storage it's probably a good idea to keep an eye on how the humidity reacts. All depends on how involved you want to be in the process. You can buy the best sensors made and if you never check them they work as well as the worse sensors made, For small stashes in a humidor on your desk or if you never travel and want to keep an eye on the levels remotely the sensor is probably a luxury.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can any of the android users vouch for the update that was released in November? I just got one from fox yesterday for $19.99

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk