What's new

Boveda Humidipak

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have been testing RonC's Boveda Humidipak in my humi for the last 15 days. Here is my first report on it's performance.

It has worked just as well as the beads. It keeps a constant temperature and I have had no problems with having to adjust anything and bring the rh up or down myself. It's been doing a great job.

The only interesting thing that has been happening is, sometimes when the humidity outside the humi is very low and I open the humi up to get a stick, the rh spikes down very low and holds there for a awhile. This happened a total of 2 or 3 times.

Only 2 times did the rh spike down and stay there. It took a day or a single spray from my bottle to put it back to normal. Then when it got there, it maintained that rh solidly.

Is this my humi that is making these spikes happen? Is the cedar losing it's humidity or something?

Anyway, that is my first report. I will continue to post on it's progress.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Sounds to me like it's just the exposure to low humidity air from when you open the humidor. Neither the beads nor the Humidipaks are able to react instantly. Sounds like it's working out well for you.