What's new

Boveda question/advice...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a Needone 23L and have had 69% Bovedas in there for about 6 months. My readings have been rock steady at 70° & 70%. I have decided to try to switch to 65% for a while to improve my burns and get away from dry boxing. After switching to new 65% Bovedas, my temp is still great, but my humidity has risen to 71-72%. After the 2nd day, I opened the door for a few hours before I went to bed and it dropped to 66% so I closed it back up. In the morning it was back up to 71%. Now, I did add a few new sticks at the same time that I switched out the Bovedas. I put 2 320g's in, so I know that there is plenty in there. Is this normal? Do I need to do something different to get my humidity down to where I want it?

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So I have a Needone 23L and have had 69% Bovedas in there for about 6 months. My readings have been rock steady at 70° & 70%. I have decided to try to switch to 65% for a while to improve my burns and get away from dry boxing. After switching to new 65% Bovedas, my temp is still great, but my humidity has risen to 71-72%. After the 2nd day, I opened the door for a few hours before I went to bed and it dropped to 66% so I closed it back up. In the morning it was back up to 71%. Now, I did add a few new sticks at the same time that I switched out the Bovedas. I put 2 320g's in, so I know that there is plenty in there. Is this normal? Do I need to do something different to get my humidity down to where I want it?
Nah it’ll come around. If it’s high again you could open the lid for a couple hours Even new bovedas will absorb

Capn_Jackson

A Razorback lost in Texas land
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
It will take awhile, probably. Boveda is 2-way, but in my experience they put out humidity much faster than they absorb it. They’ll get there, eventually. If you have any dry parts of Spanish cedar lying around, like cigar box sliding lids, or dried-up trays from other humidors, you could try to set them around the Needone and absorbing some of the moisture that way. Keep in mind, whatever cigars you had in the 70% humidity are now acting Ike wet sponges. They will take a good while, depending on the amount, to release enough humidity to come down to 65%. You could wait, which might take a few weeks, or stuff some dry Spanish cedar in there, or even try opening the door for a couple hours, every day for a week.
Regardless, they’ll get there eventually. Gradually is better for them.

Last edited:

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
same time that I switched out the Bovedas. I put 2 320g's in, so I know that there is plenty in there.

take one out.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
If you want to speed up the process, you could add some dry unscented silica kitty litter. You can put it in a mesh drawstring aquarium bag. It will still take a few weeks for your cigars to fully acclimate to your preferred Rh. Patience!