What's new

Boveda Smart Sensor

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I apologize if this was posted somewhere else but thought I'd way in. Is anybody else out there using the Boveda smart sensor to monitor their humidors? I picked up one a few weeks ago and really like it. It's a pretty good deal right now at $49.99 with that you get 4 of the larger Boveda packs and a calibration kit. You can also just get the sensor by itself for $39.99. It's Bluetooth 4 only and has a temperature, humidity, and an impact sensor if you choose to enable that. I have a cabinet humidor in the basement and I'm able to get readings from anywhere in the house. If you're a tech geek like me it's pretty neat.

https://bovedainc.com/app/

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Sounds like it would be an old jib in the bibby, but I personally don't see a need for it. You might ask @bwhite220, he may have some experience with a good bit of jibby bibbing. He has farm animals. :chicken:
My farm animals are actually named "Jibby" and "Bibby" and they are all mine. Get your own.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
A buddy of mine just picked one up for his wino, thanks to me pushing him off the slopes and posting a link to it for him when it came up in conversation. I'll reach out to him in a few days to see what he thinks about it. A lot of people seem very happy with bovedas, KL or the heartfelt beads depending on who you ask.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it too and I really like it. It's a good monitor without having to go into the backroom. I also use it to track the history of my humidor. I am in the process of setting up my coolerdor and the history is good for monitoring.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using 10 of them. I have them connected to an iPad via Bluetooth and monitor them remotely via the app from My other devices. So far so good. Not a fan of the re-order part of the app. But the discount for ordering the sensor and the gives a packs is nice. Has historical data in the app, doses not look like u can import the data Into a csv file like the sensor push.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using 10 of them. I have them connected to an iPad via Bluetooth and monitor them remotely via the app from My other devices. So far so good. Not a fan of the re-order part of the app. But the discount for ordering the sensor and the gives a packs is nice. Has historical data in the app, doses not look like u can import the data Into a csv file like the sensor push.

Did you do anything special to set it up as a bridge? I have a device at home and it doesn’t seem to be transmitting to my phone when I’m not home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you do anything special to set it up as a bridge? I have a device at home and it doesn’t seem to be transmitting to my phone when I’m not home.

You need a second device to act as the bridge, it must be Bluetooth and use an OS compatible with the app, then any device that has the app can be used to monitor or interact with the sensors

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need a second device to act as the bridge, it must be Bluetooth and use an OS compatible with the app, then any device that has the app can be used to monitor or interact with the sensors

I didn’t explain myself well. I have an iPhone connected at home and then my phone on me. I did get it working now. Thanks!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell me how you did this? I'm curious.
Basically, put the app on your WiFi device st home. The app itself updates every ~30 minutes and keeps that data. When you open your app on your device away from home, your info will be there.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got this a few weeks ago and I love it pretty accurate right out of the box. I use this for my cooler this way I do not have to keep opening it. Also keeps track of humidity and temp on a database.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found that your device left at home needs to stay unlocked (iPhone). Once the screen turns off, the app stops syncing after about 6 hours. I can't figure out why, except to think that it's something to do with the device not allowing constant bluetooth connection. I set the screen to never turn off and I haven't had any problems. It updates every 60 minutes or so.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some observations:

1. The battery that comes with the Boveda dies really quickly. My Boveda stopped working the other day. I was really annoyed but thought about changing the battery today. Worked like a charm. We will see how long the Duracell lasts.
2. The second device that acts as a bridge seems to be more of a pain that it is worth. It seems to stop syncing
constantly. Then I have to restart the device (old iPhone) to get the connection back. It also prevents my actual
device (new iPhone, currently used device) from connecting easily when I get home. I am going to test this with a
new battery and see if that was causing an issue.
3. Following up with the last observation: When I come home and pair my phone, I still get a history break down from the device. This is still true when I was gone for 9 days. It has enough of a memory to fill in the gaps after vacation. This basically negates the need for a bridging device. Cool, but pointless. I can still monitor the history of my Winedor when I get home. Since I can't make changes to the humidity or temp while I am away from home, this was a novelty. I felt cool though.
4. I just ordered a second sensor. I like the product enough to buy a second. It's still cheaper than the other options I have looked into. It's small and, with the exception of a couple hiccups, it's easy to use.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
These new products amaze me but I still have to ask "what's the value of watching your humidity and temperatures so closely" I'm in my humidors pretty often and never seem to see any more then a couple % points of movement.

Now if my dogs learned to smoke cigars and got into the habit of leaving my NewAir open all the time I'd stand in line to upgrade my monitoring. Damn animals leave my refrigerator open constantly!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These new products amaze me but I still have to ask "what's the value of watching your humidity and temperatures so closely" I'm in my humidors pretty often and never seem to see any more then a couple % points of movement.

Now if my dogs learned to smoke cigars and got into the habit of leaving my NewAir open all the time I'd stand in line to upgrade my monitoring. Damn animals leave my refrigerator open constantly!!
These products are not a necessity, but they are pretty cool and convenient.

1. Historical data and trends can help easily identify types/quantities of humification media that is or isn't working for your humidor.

2. Reasonable accuracy for a low price, that is also calibrateable and adjustable.

3. Boveda app is not bad if u like auto ordering.

4. The discount of the humidity pack and calibration kit when you a order kit.

5. Reminders when we get really busy and may not be paying as much attention as we otherwise would be.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I can't speak for everyone, but I can speak for me. I needed a hygrometer that worked anyways, so I bought this. I the size. More importantly, I have a temperature problem in my home (it's farging hot; like 80 inside during the day in February without the heat on at all) and I bought a Winedor to control temps. This allows me to keep tabs on the temps of my cigars. I also had a hard time leveling out the humidity in my Winedor, this allowed me to monitor throughout the day and make adjustments. Now, I check it once a day or every other day and all is good.

These products are not a necessity, but they are pretty cool and convenient.

1. Historical data and trends can help easily identify types/quantities of humification media that is or isn't working for your humidor.

2. Reasonable accuracy for a low price, that is also calibrateable and adjustable.

3. Boveda app is not bad if u like auto ordering.

4. The discount of the humidity pack and calibration kit when you a order kit.

5. Reminders when we get really busy and may not be paying as much attention as we otherwise would be.

The notifications are huge - it's a great reminder to check on things. I got notified yesterday and refilled my Cigar Oasis .