What's new

Box opened or sealed on delivery?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If a vendor gives you option to inspect your box before the send (open it), or send your purchase sealed ...
What do you choose?

I’ve always had them send sealed, but have had both mold and bug issues come along with that.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
" I’ve always had them send sealed, but have had both mold and bug issues come along with that. "

sounds like you answered your own question.

AND, there is one company that will tell you to shut up and deal with it if they do send you a bad box, I quit dealing with them many years ago.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
" Does the vendor guarantee delivery to the US? "

Yes they do.

They just don't want to spend the $$ to check boxes, and refuse to be held accountable for their fuckups....

they will replace a bad box AFTER they receive the bad box back ,and sometimes.........the box goes missing on the way back to them.

Or they will insist "It's not mold "........

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yeah not sure why you would want a box without inspection. Is the OP worried about damage? Or resale perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Yeah not sure why you would want a box without inspection. Is the OP worried about damage? Or resale perhaps?

I think some people just like to break the seal themselves.
I always have them inspected first. Another reason to have them opened first is that after inspection, some vendors add some bubble wrap to keep them from jostling around during shipment and being damaged.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I guess I always thought it made it harder for Someone to send fakes.
when I first started buying my only source was from China, and things were a little sketchy with them.
I currently trust the vendors I order from.

it does make sense for an inspection

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That makes sense but every box I've gotten has been so neatly packed the inspection was just perfunctory. I could possibly see vendors that sell partial boxes repacking a box but you should still be able to tell. because all the cigars in a new box should be the same color and wrapper quality.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If you don’t trust them enough to inspect them, you don’t trust them enough to buy from them, in my opinion.