What's new

Brain trust on moving sticks.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Need some guidance on how to move my whole supply to the new house we just bought.
Main stash is something in the 1200 stick range. Have a large Tupperdor And a chairside 600ct glass front.
I assume the partial boxes should just get some foam or padding and be good with some packing fluff for the tupperdor to fill the spaces. Should I use newspaper or is that stuff to dirty initially for the inside of the tupperdor?
On the chairside side of things? I assume there's something in the way of 400 or so singles that should be packed up carefully... somehow? 3 full trays basically and a dozen(2 maybe) or so boxes.
There's also the fact that its winter here. By the time we unpack from the initial move (current stash is at my mother's place) that took place this weekend, well be deep into the winter here and at best be a warm 20 degrees. Will ambient temp matter much ect ect? I have a crew cab chevy and jo heat in the bed obviously. Trip would be about an hour on dry roads with a few good bumpy spots on the way. Rail road tracks nasty pot holes ect. Ect.
Any experienced thoughts on this is very welcome please!

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
What about using coolers to put the sticks/boxes/tups in during transit? Could help with the cold temps in the back of the truck. You could also use bubble wrap to help with protection. Poly Fil might be better than newspaper but I don't think non colored newspaper is as dirty as it use to be.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ice chests and bubblewrap. Maybe a couple of towels or blankets to help with insulation. You can put the singles in 2 gallon ziplocks to help hold humidity

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
What about using coolers to put the sticks/boxes/tups in during transit? Could help with the cold temps in the back of the truck. You could also use bubble wrap to help with protection. Poly Fil might be better than newspaper but I don't think non colored newspaper is as dirty as it use to be.
From the last 2 weeks of protecting glass wear my hands looked like I was wrenching for hours after and the sink was stained worse than permatex afterwards.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I think I'm going to try coolers that can fit in the heated cab part and some towels for shock absorbtion. Singles inside those in bags. And pray and take it slow that the glass front is padded enough to survive. Blankets in the back should help the chairside too but I'll lower my humidity first to prevent as much swelling and I'll just let it acclimate slowly back once I get there. The sticks will be in coolers so that should be ok for a long time. I ultimately need to make some more space too so thank you guys for helping with that ;)

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Main move went well I havnt made the stick hike yet as we're still living in box mountain and only the small stash is here. Holy crap this whole process is insane! Just officially cleaned and returned the keys to our apartment yesterday and found our landlord tried to extend our lease without our consent. Just edited our paperwork and rewrote the end date an extra month. So within a week or so well know of we go to court or not. Luckily in-laws are a real estate lawyer so we have good guidance hopefully cheap representation. Never had to even think about this kinda crap before.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Need some guidance on how to move my whole supply to the new house we just bought.
Main stash is something in the 1200 stick range. Have a large Tupperdor And a chairside 600ct glass front.
I assume the partial boxes should just get some foam or padding and be good with some packing fluff for the tupperdor to fill the spaces. Should I use newspaper or is that stuff to dirty initially for the inside of the tupperdor?
On the chairside side of things? I assume there's something in the way of 400 or so singles that should be packed up carefully... somehow? 3 full trays basically and a dozen(2 maybe) or so boxes.
There's also the fact that its winter here. By the time we unpack from the initial move (current stash is at my mother's place) that took place this weekend, well be deep into the winter here and at best be a warm 20 degrees. Will ambient temp matter much ect ect? I have a crew cab chevy and jo heat in the bed obviously. Trip would be about an hour on dry roads with a few good bumpy spots on the way. Rail road tracks nasty pot holes ect. Ect.
Any experienced thoughts on this is very welcome please!
Moving away from northeast Ohio!? Why would anyone do such a thing!?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hell no I love this area. Originally from garrettsville moved to stow/kent for a bit, found wife and now a house in munroe falls. Literally 10 minutes away. But main stash is at mothers because discovered cigar b][d before adulting.
Ahhh makes sense. Man I’ve had some really good and really bad times in kent... May or may not have been arrested for underage drinking whilst wearing a kangaroo suit on Halloween haha:banghead: Good luck to you on the rest of the move and your old landlord should go suck a big ol bag of dicks.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Ahhh makes sense. Man I’ve had some really good and really bad times in kent... May or may not have been arrested for underage drinking whilst wearing a kangaroo suit on Halloween haha:banghead: Good luck to you on the rest of the move and your old landlord should go suck a big ol bag of dicks.
Thanks and yeah don't know how but never got arrested. 3 man sling shot of spaghetti on a dick cops car can make a fat man run real fast.