What's new

Breeders Cup 2014

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I can't get into horse racing but occasionally I listen to Jim Rome's radio show. Doesn't he have a partial ownership of a horse in the Classic?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yes, he is partial owner of Shared Belief, who is the favorite in the Classic. I'm a big horse racing fan and I actually had Shared Belief rated higher than Cal Chrome heading into the Derby. Unfortunately SB was injured and not able to run in it. He is back healthy now though and is still unbeaten. Pretty solid field for this weekend, should be a great race.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I think I remember that story line from Derby time. Breeders Cup was here in Louisville a few years back and I think I remember someone explaining to me how tough a betting day it was. Too many good horses. But again, I'm not really in to the ponies.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You should have went and watched, you would have been hooked! My gf and I went down for Derby this year, it is such a fun and memorable event. And I'm by no means a horse racing expert, just a little more than the average casual fan.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I was at the Breeders Cup for a few races that year for work. And have been to Oaks and Derby numerous times for work. But never just to enjoy it. I think that's why I am soured on the sport. Always around it for work, not fun.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Oh gotcha. That's too bad. Work always gets in the way!
What did you think of Churchill? It has gone very corporate the last 10 or 20 years. Doesn't seem like there is much left for the "common" people especially at Derby.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This year was my first time at Churchill so I didn't have much to compare it to. Overall I had a great time. We had seats on the fence at the beginning of the final straight away, so we had a great view of the start and the final turn. I will say that there wasn't a whole lot to interest us outside of the races, but the combination of them and the amazing weather this year made for a great day. We did all of the the standard first time there stuff, picture w the Barbaro statue, pics of the Churchill Downs sign, Mint Juleps, and I took my first Bolivar Belicoso Finos down w me. Might just be my favorite day of 2014 thus far.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Cool man, glad you had a good time. The big screen has made viewing easier on infield and general admission folks. Before that infield people barely saw the horses.