What's new

Brkfst sausage recipe I really like

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Always looking to make my food taste better, and healthier, if possible. I found and adapted a new breakfast sausage recipe that we both really enjoy

I grind the pork butt through a minimum 1/4 inch die because I like the texture and by grinding your own you can control the amount of fat. I'm sure you can use store bought T=Tablespoon

10 lbs ground pork
2 T white pepper
4 T salt
3 T rubbed sage
1 T ginger
1 T nutmeg
1 1/2 T Thyme
1 T red pepper flakes
2 cups ice water

adjust to your taste and don't use dead spices.

Mix well until the sausage becomes "gluey" (myosin develops) ie wants to hold together

I form into patties and freeze between layers of plastic wrap.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I’ll give it a go. If I dig my recipe out from back in the day I’ll share w you. Gotta get it from grandma. She old but she knows shit

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your homemade breakfast sausage recipe sounds absolutely delicious! I'm all about making food taste better and healthier too. Grinding your own pork is a smart move for controlling the fat content and texture. Thanks for sharing your ingredient list and tips.

On a slightly different note, have you ever tried making a Korean corn dog? They're a unique and mouthwatering treat that might be a fun addition to your culinary repertoire. I found a great recipe online, and they've been a hit with my family.

Last edited: