What's new

Broncos coach Fox gone

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
People were reporting the possibilities today, but wow that was quick, Broncos coach Fox is gone.

That has to mean Manning is done too...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've never been a big fan of Fox, especially after he and Elway dumped on my boy Tebow....who gave the Broncos one playoff win versus Manning who is 2-3 as a Bronco. Yes, admittedly, Peyton was a significant upgrade.

Too bad Manning had a torn quad as he certainly didn't look himself yesterday.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The news was all about his quadricep which supposedly kept him from being accurate with his passes downfield. I think he was throwing to a pre determined spot which meant that his receivers were too late esp. being bumped by the defender. That throws off the timing between the QB and the WR...which he'd been doing pretty well during the season but during these last few weeks when they went with the "run offense" which was supposed to be just a different offense we all know now that Peyton was dealing with the injury for at least a month. Why not send in the backup...after all that's what good Teams are supposed to be ready for....who fields just one QB anymore with no backup?
As far as Fox is concerned it's no big loss...he ran on Peytons coattails and his ability to actually coach the Broncos was like watching a blind man look for a toilet. I'd rather see Del Rio take the reins...he's better than Fox.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Because it's Peyton Manning. That's why.....

But I don't disagree on your other points.
I like Peyton...when I lived in Indy I got to see a lot of his games and he's just an exciting player...the city loved him and bringing them a SB banner was great for the city. I'd hate to see him pull a Favre and degrade his legacy and I know it's hard to walk away from something you love doing. The last decade has seen too many teams lose their prime QB to injury....esp. with these longer seasons so it behooves any team to sign a veteran QB to insert them into the lineup when there is a sense of injury to the main guy....give the backup enough snaps to keep him current with receivers so there is that natural timing and sequence like the #1 QB.

While I like the Packers as well I see them dealing with Rodgers in the same way...he'll be at about 70% at the most and that's not good enough in the Super Bowl....watching the Seahawks lately is like seeing a team that knows how to win and how to play when it counts.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I still disagree. 70% Rodgers and Manning are better than most quarterbacks.....
Friendly wager on this? I've already proved my point with Manning....so I'm giving you that one but I don't see Rodgers being able to pull off the next game with the Seahawks esp. when you see how Wilson and company played last week. Given the fact that Rodgers and Manning are amazing at what they do when they are healthy no QB can win big games at a 70% level with any consistency because they are limited and we saw Peytons errant passes because he was unable to use his own talents to get the job done. I'd take a lot of the other QB's at 100% against Rodgers and Manning at 70%....percentages don't lie and even though I tend to be a fan as much as the next person reality of an injury and playing through it doesn't mean they are going to win the majority of the time.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I'm not going to wager because there are way too many variables with just winning games. QBs do not win games by themselves. Rodgers could play great and the defense could stink (which is what I believe will happen).

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I always wondered why the Broncos hired Fox after watching him in Carolina. The Panthers were a train wreck with Fox. Did they think moving across the country would teach him how to be a coach?

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's just a game of musical coaches and the only redeeming thing now is where some secondary coaches are getting a chance to find a Team that will take a chance on them. My question is this....how is it that Belichick and Aryans or Pete Carroll can be so successful while others tend to be mediocre at best and in the case of Fox....he had the right players but his inability to coach and take an already potent offense couldn't do what Elway wanted as he said in his meeting with the Press. He was dead on with his analysis of what he and Fox probably had discussions about. Even Coach Pagano with the Colts was able to outcoach a lot of the other coaches. Motivation is key in this respect...which was why Shanahan was successful...Gruden another.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Manning will go down as one of the best, if not THE best quarterback when it comes to X&O's, accuracy and reading defenses. No one can argue, he's a great QB. But IMO, he lacks some of the intangibles that make a truly great player and winner. He leads by example for the most part and doesn't really fire up his teammates. They follow him because he's a damn good QB and they believe in him, but Manning isn't a winner and leader like a Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Aaron Rodgers and even Russell Wilson. He consistently doesn't win the big games and IMO, it's because he doesn't have that winning intangible.

My point is for this thread, I don't think it's Fox's fault. I don't have an opinion either way if he's a good coach, but I think the Broncos not winning falls more on Manning's shoulders than it does Fox.