What's new

Brothers, Please help, "WARNING: This product contains"

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Brothers! :waving:

I AM a regular user/poster/trader here but for privacy purposes I've had to register a different name to post this topic. Mainly because people close to me and my family browse this forum sometimes, I can't let them see this thread under my name...

Anyways here it goes...

"WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm."

My wife and I have finally agreed now/soon is a good time to begin trying to have a baby....I am wanting to do everything IN my control to ensure good health and success in this.

So the big question is, Is there any facts or evidence to how CIGAR smoking can affect the child/pregnancy.

It may sound crazy to you, but I'm not talking about her smoking, its about me. MY sperm has a lot to do with the baby and its heath. So I figure healthy sperm equals better chance at a healthy baby.

So can anyone please point out any legit sites/references to this. I've searched and googled and can find nothing addressing this...

By the way, as of now I average 9 smokes a week. I'm willing to cut it out all the way while we are "trying", or preferably just smoke less, it's just that I want to know the facts...

Thanks brothers for any help!

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
smoking causes fetal harm by reducing the amount of oxygen that gets to the fetus, which in some instances leads to low fetal birth weight and later developmental problems. I have not read anywhere that cigar smoking causes a reduction in sperm count, but ultimately you'd have to check with your physician. Whatever the outcome, just don't get any second hand smoke around your wife bro. good luck and best wishes.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Unless you smoke indoors in the vicinity of your wife, I can't imagine any harm. Then again, why risk it? Quit for nine months. We'll all look forward to new cigars on the happy day.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
You would have to worry more about drinking alcohol than smoking cigars in regards to your "deposit".

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
MEMBER QUESTION:
My husband smokes a couple of cigars on the weekends. How much of an impact would this have on his sperm?

MARKS:
Tobacco in all forms is bad for sperm quality and sperm production. Ideally, he should stop the cigars. Chances are great, though, that an occasional cigar probably will not drastically damage his fertility.

from: http://dailynews.att.net/cgi-bin/health?e=pub&dt=common&cat=infertility&st=infertility111347&src=webmd

Some information here as well: http://www.freedom2choose.co.uk/art1.php?id=48

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
My GF has done alot of reading about everything. What she tells me is that evey 5 years or so a man produces a new "batch". So unless you stop smoking for 5+ years a cigar once in a while shouldnt hurt. If you slowed down on smoking, mentally it would help your wife and you to better insure a healthy child.

MHO while you are "trying" if you didnt drink and had a cigar once in a while "not around the wifey" you should be good to go.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Back when we decided to have a kid, both my wife and I were heavy cigarette smokers. She quit when she got pregnant. I didn't (until about 10 years later). She got pregnant fast, and we had a big, healthy baby who is now a big, healthy 28 year-old son. If she isn't smoking, and if your house isn't filled with smoke, I wouldn't worry about it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get a giant yellow warning sticker for your wang:

"WARNING: The product expelled may contain......."

:bouncetau

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

The responses are great; thanks for taking time to comment.... and any more advice or facts are welcomed!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe you answered your own question when you searched all over the net and could not find information on cigar smoke and its effects on sperm...

I don't personally believe there is any effect unless you're smoking a cigar during sex....

Then the fear I'd have is that I might burn her.

I DO know that alcohol lowers sperm counts, as my friend had to stop drinking all together in order to procreate.

Good luck to you, and remember that getting there isn't half the fun, it's the whole game!:thumbsup:

R

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
MEMBER QUESTION:
My husband smokes a couple of cigars on the weekends. How much of an impact would this have on his sperm?

MARKS:
Tobacco in all forms is bad for sperm quality and sperm production. Ideally, he should stop the cigars. Chances are great, though, that an occasional cigar probably will not drastically damage his fertility.

from: http://dailynews.att.net/cgi-bin/health?e=pub&dt=common&cat=infertility&st=infertility111347&src=webmd

Some information here as well: http://www.freedom2choose.co.uk/art1.php?id=48

I'm a physician, this is the best advice you could get. In all likelihood, will not significantly affect your fertility, but I would definitely cut back from 9 a week. Although not inhaled, cigar smoke has a lot of nicotine and other chemicals that can be absorbed through the tiny blood vessels in your mouth, especially under your tongue. Sorry to rain on your parade, but you asked... As others have said, don't expose your sigother to second hand smoke, bad for babies.