What's new

Buena Vista Cigar

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I have tried one and I really enjoyed it but not worth the asking price in my honest opinion.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I know this thread has been in the humidor for a month or two, but let me tell you, this is one great smoke! I have had a chance to enjoy both of their lines. The blog has it a bit wrong on the sourcing of the tobacco, but otherwise he's spot on.

They have two lines out. The limited edition is 100% single-sourced Ecuadorian tobacco. One of the neat things about this one is that they add an extra wrapper leaf inside which makes for incredible richness. The Reserva is mixed with a small amount Dominican to make it a bit of a bolder-flavored cigar. Each are meticulously hand rolled, and come in an elegant cedar lined box.
As far as the price is concerned, I have bought them for as little as 11.00 a cigar, but I guess that depends on your states tobacco tax. I definitely recommend this to anyone that is looking for a premium cigar. I actually like this cigar better than the Cohiba Behike's I spent way too much on!

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I know this thread has been in the humidor for a month or two, but let me tell you, this is one great smoke! I have had a chance to enjoy both of their lines. The blog has it a bit wrong on the sourcing of the tobacco, but otherwise he's spot on.

They have two lines out. The limited edition is 100% single-sourced Ecuadorian tobacco. One of the neat things about this one is that they add an extra wrapper leaf inside which makes for incredible richness. The Reserva is mixed with a small amount Dominican to make it a bit of a bolder-flavored cigar. Each are meticulously hand rolled, and come in an elegant cedar lined box.
As far as the price is concerned, I have bought them for as little as 11.00 a cigar, but I guess that depends on your states tobacco tax. I definitely recommend this to anyone that is looking for a premium cigar. I actually like this cigar better than the Cohiba Behike's I spent way too much on!
I feel like I just read a sales pitch, do you have a dog in this fight?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Tobacco Giant,
Sorry... I guess that does sound quite "pitchy", but in all honesty, I am just a fan of a new cigar, and have no personal gain in it.. other than wanting to make sure that I get to continue enjoying my new favorite.
I was pretty impressed with the story of their product, and as with anything new if you don't TELL anyone about it, how does anyone ever find out about it???

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Not a bad cigar, but they are pricey. I thought it was ok, but here in NY it would be a $20 cigar and it is definitely not worth that. Although the rep did say that they are trying to be like an Opus.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
agctribefan - Yes, the larger Prominentes can be in that 20.00 range... but you'll pay that for an Ashton ESG as well. If you are comparing apples to apples, a single-sourced hand rolled cigar is going to be a bit more expensive than your run of the mill Perdomo.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
agctribefan - Yes, the larger Prominentes can be in that 20.00 range... but you'll pay that for an Ashton ESG as well. If you are comparing apples to apples, a single-sourced hand rolled cigar is going to be a bit more expensive than your run of the mill Perdomo.
I hate to burst your bubble here, but Perdomo's are single source. The Lot 23 comes from a single piece of land aptly named lot 23, and they are a 1/4 of the price. What I'm trying to say is that cost doen't always mean quality. The Buena Vista's are a decent cigar, but for their asking price I could get 2-3 others that I myself probably would like better. Thats all. That is just my feelings. If you think they are amazing than that is fine. I'm not saying you are wrong.

BTW with NYS tax the larger sizes would be about $30. Gotta love NYS!

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Their local sales rep came into my store right before IPCPR and we were talking about them. When she showed me the price I laughed a little bit because it is a bit high. Her response to the high prices was that it is a hand rolled cigar therefore it is more pricey. I then pointed her to 4 other cigars that were all hand rolled at 1/4 to 1/2 the price. I wasn't impressed personally.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Perhaps the distributor should disperse a couple to the expert raters on this board and let us decide their value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
California rep is a buddy who gave me one last night to try. Beautifull presentation. Spanish company that has the sticks rolled by cuban rollers. Let you know after I try it.

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I hate to burst your bubble here, but Perdomo's are single source. The Lot 23 comes from a single piece of land aptly named lot 23, and they are a 1/4 of the price.
I agree with everything else you had to say, but the Lot 23 isn't a single farm vintage, or even a (country) puro. Wrapper for the Natural is Ecuadorian IIRC.

As for Buena Vista, being a puro has zero to do with price. If anything you would presumably reduce costs. There is no rule that says if you making a Puro you have to charge double then if you sourced tobaccos from other countries.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
They run $20-$25 a stick retail here in AZ. Our taxes are $.22 a stick, so we are low. In Cali or NYS, they are gonna run $25-$30 a stick with taxes.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
At that price for a first time into the market in a down economy, either the stick is damned good or, the adage about a fool and his money applies to both the buyer and the seller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That's how I felt Blessed. The reps comment about it being rolled by Cubans and that being the reason for the expense made me chuckle.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Brandon, so I would assume that if a sales rep stopped by, samples would have been left. I get that most have an issue with the pricepoint, but what I didn't hear is your opinion on the smoke.