What's new

Bunching machine

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone used a RYO Premium, Kiing Roller or a Lieberman machine? I'm entertaining the idea of getting one and wanted to see if anyone has reviews on them. Thanks guys!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea these two machines.

I too immediately noticed the fixed handles of the King Roller. Thats also an easy modification. The RYO Premium is pretty neat. I like how the side plates of the RYO are shaped like chavetas. But they both seem like good machines and am leaning towards the RYO.

Learning curve isn't what I was concerned about. It's the quality and consistency of the machines and if anyone has experience and thoughts on if that convex design of the RYO has a benefit or not or just any thoughts at all.

I enjoy the hand bunching and rolling the cores. But sometimes time doesn't permit me finishing a batch. I'm hoping that this may save some time. I don't have access to try one, so if I go forth this will be an expensive experiment and I only want to buy and if I have to, sell this thing once haaha.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea these two machines.

I too immediately noticed the fixed handles of the King Roller. Thats also an easy modification. The RYO Premium is pretty neat. I like how the side plates of the RYO are shaped like chavetas. But they both seem like good machines and am leaning towards the RYO.

Learning curve isn't what I was concerned about. It's the quality and consistency of the machines and if anyone has experience and thoughts on if that convex design of the RYO has a benefit or not or just any thoughts at all.

I enjoy the hand bunching and rolling the cores. But sometimes time doesn't permit me finishing a batch. I'm hoping that this may save some time. I don't have access to try one, so if I go forth this will be an expensive experiment and I only want to buy and if I have to, sell this thing once haaha.
Easy mod yeah but, you'd think they should have done that.
The flat design has been use in production in small/cigarillo cigars for a while but, I've seen it mostly set at an angle though and have no side slide differential to there design.

The curved design is as you may expect having to do with but, it is a heavier duty design.
Though the manufacturer seems to have some awkwardness with it I can only guess do to the smaller band steel used.
There are new models ($250-800) that don't seem to be wonky at all.

The older cast iron models (like mine) are pretty rigid. These do show up on eBay for cheep on occasion that I do post.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea I like BigBonner's rollers. He's got a flat top roller thats super awesome. I saw it on the fairtrade forum and contacted him about it. I may have to go his route. Its more expensive but it really is a nice machine. Yea I keep my eye out on the ebay for stuff. Seems like I always miss the good ones haaha.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you. I really appreciate it. I'm on the fairtrade too.
Something I seemed to have skipped over. .. you may have not. something you could in most liklyness do right now at a very soon moment.

..let me know if you want to try it, have seen it, or have trouble finding the info on it.