What's new

Bunching style

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to get opinions on bunching styles. Most people in videos I’ve seen say entubado is the best. Perdomo is one. I like there sticks a lot.
A Davidoff video on YouTube by the bespoke channel has a great documentary of them. They use accordion method.
I just watched this one today from La Aurora and he likes the book method. His comment about it was the filler can be dryer than entubado.

For me, I seem to have the best success with entubado style. I have been able to role them in paper real tight and have a good draw. The sticks had tapers but were solid , burned well, and drew decent. I once tried laying them on top the rolling it all together. When I did it that way the draw was to easy and the burn wasn’t very good. According to this link I think I actually did the accordion method. It was easier to lay the leaf out but the end result from my amateur skills wasn’t ideal. Maybe more practice would help.

That La Aurora video got me thinking. Thought I would throw this out and see what others think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
"The sticks had tapers..."

Easy to prevent tapers. Look at your leaf. Your leaf tapers most from middle to tip, but it also tapers from middle to base. Take a look at this leaf:

Cut along these red lines:

Reverse one of your tip triangles and lay it over the other one:

Roll that up loose for tubo number one.
Easy to see how one taper cancels the other.
Do the same with your two base pieces.

As you go along, feel your bunch. If one end feel less bulky than the other, well, there's no law I know of that prevents you from making it feel right. Same with any spots that feel scanty.

As for good draw, I think it boils down to two things: Don't get your filler too damp, and don't let your filler twist as you roll.

Enjoy

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
As for good draw, I think it boils down to two things: Don't get your filler too damp, and don't let your filler twist as you roll.
These two things are absolutely the most important. I suffered from both of these for the first few years that I rolled because I didn't know any better.
I settled on the "book" method as it is the simplest to do, simplest to arrange the order of the leaves, simplest to avoid twisting, and simplest to do with fairly dry leaves which results in a better draw, IMO.