What's new

Burley Based Tobaccos

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being new to the pipe, I have been buying a ton of different tobaccos trying to see what it is I like. I like the variety of tobaccos I have amassed, but I think I am starting to see a trend in my tobacco preference. I think I am beginning to like on the burley based tobaccos! How I discovered this seeming preference is rather odd though lol.

For the tobacco of the month, we were told to go and get ourselves some Carter Hall. To many, this is a pedestrian tobacco at best, but I rather enjoyed it. It's smooth and an easy smoke. Moreover, it might be the perfect blend for me to mix some of my harsher blends with. Anyway, I noted it was a "burley based tobacco," so I used the search engine over at TobaccoReviews to see what else was a burley based tobacco and balm - some of my favorites popped up.

Bald Headed Teacher, Haunted Bookshop, Stormfront etc. Then I noted that many of the other tobaccos I enjoy (3Ps for example) used burley to some extent. So on and so forth.

Which is kind of odd in itself, as burley tobacco is in some circles considered as pedestrian a tobacco as Carter Hall is considered a pedestrian blend lol.

Again - being new, I am not sure if I am on to something, or if this is just a striking coincidence. Either way, I would be interested to hear if any of you guys buy tobaccos via what the blend is based with. Right now I am thinking of putting in an order of different purely burley based tobaccos and seeing if I am on to something, or if the notion that many of my favorite blends to date utilize this tobacco is a complete fluke lol.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order OJK, CD burley #3 and call it a day
Sir - they are on order. Thanks for the recommendation.

I like em.
Normally a vaper/vabur smoker, starting to enjoy an occasional English.
Just placed an order for about 10 2oz samples of various blends that the description seemed like id enjoy, about half are burley base
Ha - I have about ten blends mostly burley coming in myself. :)

Great minds - can't wait to see what you got in the "Your latest purchase " thread.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm still all over the place for blends. Burley though, is one I'm enjoying with a mix of others so far. I still have others yet to try so I'm progressing. Slowly. Very slowly. I do go back to others though and notice different flavors from before. It's like how I am with cigars. I notice certain flavors in first shot, then take a stab at the cigar again and notice other flavors on top of the ones I tasted previously.