What's new

Burr grinder help

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Hey brothers I need a new grinder and I hear burrs are the best. I have been using Stumptown for info recently cause of all their awesome articles but I dont know what to get. I do french press but im getting a moka pot too. So whats a good priced grinder, manual vs electric? thanks guys.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
http://www.rakuten.com/prod/cuisinart-dbm-8-supreme-grind-automatic-burr-mill/203154674.html?listingId=-1&scid=pla_google_rakuten.com&adid=18171&gclid=CL7i0_T51b0CFS9p7AodkWEAxA

this is the one I, and a few other guys here use... Ive been really pleased with it... lots of range in terms of how fine or coarse of a grind you want.. its reasonably affordable.. and works like a champ... Ive really enjoyed mine..
I received this one about 7-8 years ago as a Christmas gift and have been very pleased with it. Like Dave said it gives you a wide range of grinds and it is a workhorse.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
http://www.rakuten.com/prod/cuisinart-dbm-8-supreme-grind-automatic-burr-mill/203154674.html?listingId=-1&scid=pla_google_rakuten.com&adid=18171&gclid=CL7i0_T51b0CFS9p7AodkWEAxA

this is the one I, and a few other guys here use... Ive been really pleased with it... lots of range in terms of how fine or coarse of a grind you want.. its reasonably affordable.. and works like a champ... Ive really enjoyed mine..
I received this one about 7-8 years ago as a Christmas gift and have been very pleased with it. Like Dave said it gives you a wide range of grinds and it is a workhorse.
I'll third this one, we have had this same grinder now for 2+ years and love it.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
My wife bought me the Mr. Coffee Burr Grinder. It's $35 at Target. I love it except for two things: the way it sends the grounds into the receiving canister builds up static electricity which, in turn, causes small coffee grinds to stick to the canister top and then when you take it off they fall on the counter. In other words, it's a bit messy. The second thing is that the hopper that holds the whole beans is a bit smaller than I like.

But, as for quality of grind, I really like and those are two small issues considering the price.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I
My wife bought me the Mr. Coffee Burr Grinder. It's $35 at Target. I love it except for two things: the way it sends the grounds into the receiving canister builds up static electricity which, in turn, causes small coffee grinds to stick to the canister top and then when you take it off they fall on the counter. In other words, it's a bit messy. The second thing is that the hopper that holds the whole beans is a bit smaller than I like.

But, as for quality of grind, I really like and those are two small issues considering the price.
This! It's a great grinder with a few flaws. I love it for the price.