What's new

Business Owners?

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Make sure you enjoy it and are passionate about it and the money will come and you will grow. If there is no passion or pride in what you do you will just fade out. That's how I've treated my tattoo shop for 20 yes now.:)
I was reading the thread and waiting for this. While you can buy franchises or flip thru a magazine and pick out something I think it's best that it starts with a passion. If you don't have the passion for it seeing it through is harder work than just working for someone else. When you love It you push and change and develop your business without even trying. You enjoy it and people can see that and will want to work with you. By people that means everyone customers, execs, other businesses that may need you, potential investors and loan officers as well.

d-boy

Zach Emerson DeBoy
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Make sure you enjoy it and are passionate about it and the money will come and you will grow. If there is no passion or pride in what you do you will just fade out. That's how I've treated my tattoo shop for 20 yes now.:)
I was reading the thread and waiting for this. While you can buy franchises or flip thru a magazine and pick out something I think it's best that it starts with a passion. If you don't have the passion for it seeing it through is harder work than just working for someone else. When you love It you push and change and develop your business without even trying. You enjoy it and people can see that and will want to work with you. By people that means everyone customers, execs, other businesses that may need you, potential investors and loan officers as well.

+1,000,000 you hit it right on top

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
My only add to this is the process or feeling if success is slow. Shit doesn't happen overnight.

If you look at the story of DE you will see what I'm saying.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hope someone out there can give some advice on this...

I have a great idea to start my own business. It would be an internet start-up, that would definitely rely on getting a large enough amount of web traffic to sell ads.

Of course, my knowledge is somewhat limited, there may be another opportunity for revenue stream I am not seeing just yet, but the site will be free so I'm assuming at the very least, revenue will depend greatly on ad sells.

That being said...

I have a guy I know who is a perfect fit to hep me get this off the ground. More specifically, he has the Web skills.

What I am trying to avoid is becoming one of those Facebook twins, the guys who claimed to have come up with the idea for Facebook.

Any ideas on how to approach this type of situation? I want to have lunch with him this week to see if he would be interested in doing this project with me.

Do I need to draw up a contract? His knowledge in the particular field, on top of his knowledge and proven track record with websites, I know he is the perfect fit.

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
I have owned, and subsequently sold, three marketing firms in the last seven years.

One I made good money on- the other two I just wanted the hell out.

Currently looking to start another company- not necessarily a marketing firm but I've got few ideas and I know marketing so...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My advice is research. Never jump in. Look at location (if a store), pricing, marketing, and product. Figure those things out first before moving forward at all.

I work in cigars (so it will be my example), so naturally I have to figure out that arena. Then I have to figure out what kind of cigar I want, and find a factory and blender to get me test smokes. Then I have to look at that blend, the tobaccos, and cost. Aside from that, have to design and make bands, boxes and so on. Plus I have to get licenses to make tobacco products (since I am selling to the public) and have a wholesaler and retailer license. I of course need a merchant account if I am accepting credit cards (whether in store or online), and I have to have certain legal aspects to cover my ass (you have to be of legal age, smoking causes cancer, and so on). Of course, setting up federal and state forms to show I have a new business. With all of that, figure out costs and how to do it.