What's new

Butane lighters made in USA

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never picked up a zippo blu since I didnt care for the fact that it still used a flint and now they are discontinued. Are there any butane jet lighters made in USA or at least not made in China anymore?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Ronson is made in the USA, and is non-filtered, I know this as I talked to Ronson, and they said their is no filtering per ther spec sheets.

Jetline is the most band for buck, filtered 5 x's.

If you hate Chinese prodiucts, rid yourself of everything you own that is made in China. BTW your Car or Truck has Chinese part. So we are stuck with Chinese for a while.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ronson is made in the USA, and is non-filtered, I know this as I talked to Ronson, and they said their is no filtering per ther spec sheets.

Jetline is the most band for buck, filtered 5 x's.

If you hate Chinese prodiucts, rid yourself of everything you own that is made in China. BTW your Car or Truck has Chinese part. So we are stuck with Chinese for a while.
My ronson jet light says china right on the bottom of it. Its sounds like you are talking about lighter fluid and not lighters though since I've never heard of a filtered lighter.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well Apprently Jetline Butane in made in UK, filtered 5X's. The joke to me is the DuPont Fancy Dan lighter with big buck prices like the Ipone X are made in China.

Honestly I have been using Ronson from Wally World in my price point lighters, they will burn anything. IMHO many lighter problem can be resolved with a poof of air to remove bit of cigar from jets.

My Cheapo quad was working el crapo yesterdays, until I proofed it out, and it became back to good with a simple poof or air in can.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Well Apprently Jetline Butane in made in UK, filtered 5X's. The joke to me is the DuPont Fancy Dan lighter with big buck prices like the Ipone X are made in China.

Honestly I have been using Ronson from Wally World in my price point lighters, they will burn anything. IMHO many lighter problem can be resolved with a poof of air to remove bit of cigar from jets.

My Cheapo quad was working el crapo yesterdays, until I proofed it out, and it became back to good with a simple poof or air in can.
Don't compare Duponts to Ronsons. That's asinine.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I’ve got a bulky old jetline triple torch that’s been my only lighter and it’s running probably about 4 years strong at this point. I do want to buy one of those super slim DuPont mini jets famous has on sale right now. Anybody use one of those regularly?

memphsdad

Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I’ve got a bulky old jetline triple torch that’s been my only lighter and it’s running probably about 4 years strong at this point. I do want to buy one of those super slim DuPont mini jets famous has on sale right now. Anybody use one of those regularly?
I have a minijet and a maxijet. They are far superior and worth the investment imo. We routinely drop $7-8+ on a cigar, why not invest in quality accessories to accompany.

My only complaint about the mini would be that it is smaller than you realize, so it's only good for 2-3 cigars before needing a butane refill.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have a minijet and a maxijet. They are far superior and worth the investment imo. We routinely drop $7-8+ on a cigar, why not invest in quality accessories to accompany.

My only complaint about the mini would be that it is smaller than you realize, so it's only good for 2-3 cigars before needing a butane refill.
Ah that’s what I was afraid of... any other recommendations in the $60 range that are still sleek and on the smaller side but with better capacity?

memphsdad

Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Ah that’s what I was afraid of... any other recommendations in the $60 range that are still sleek and on the smaller side but with better capacity?
I'm a fan of single flames, and a few guys I know have the Xikar Allume single and think it's fantastic.

Don't let the small capacity on the mini scare you away though, it's still a great lighter and I would much prefer it over a Xikar/Colibri personally.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to throw another one in the mix I found that IM Corona Flambeau is a jet lighter made in Japan. I contacted Bryan from Cigar obsession to see if he can do a review on it. For the time being I ordered an Alec Bradley the burner lighter until I find a nice non china made jet lighter. My issue with chinese made jet lighters isnt just that they are made in china but that the flame is very inconsistent, all my chinese jet lighters need constant adjustment depending on how much fluid is in them and how the jet will fluctuate while trying to toast a cigar.

An example of what my Ronson does, and this is using zippo fuel.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Let me add something Made In The USA doesn't mean 100% made in America, it mean just enough to to say so, and put an American flag on the product.

Fooling the public is what American business men like to do. The golden rule don't apply to them.

Love the people who buy American Flags to fly out in front of their homes. Not made in America.

Might want to peek. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Made_in_USA

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Performance & Price are more important to me then where the Gas were put in a can.
You do know we are not talking about the gas it self right? We are talking about lighters, what the gas goes into. This thread has never been about gas but you keep mentioning it.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
You do know we are not talking about the gas it self right? We are talking about lighters, what the gas goes into. This thread has never been about gas but you keep mentioning it.

Yes I know it is lighters, and you might want to read how people get around Mede Inm USA labeling.