What's new

Butane source and non-torch lighter?

Rating - 100%
188   0   0
Where do you get your butane? Interested in bulk if good savings. Can PM me if you want. I didn't see any in a quick search through the sponsor's sites...please correct me if wrong. The ones I see on Cbid get to $5 before I can get in on it.

Any recommendations on a non-torch lighter? Anyone use the Xikar Exodus? Looking for a good wind-resistant, flame, lighter.

thanks,
greg

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
well ebay is always a good place, but shipping laws may prevent butane from nbeing shipped. I personally like torch lighters, though I have been using cedar strips for the last 10-15 smokes. Besure you are using at lease TRIPLE REFINED butane. anything less will clog your lighter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Colibri-BUC-000012-Lighter-Butane-Refill-Fuel-1-BOTTLE_W0QQitemZ150234417569QQihZ005QQcategoryZ11678QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

he will combine shipping, so order in bulk and the $5 shipping starts to make sense. It last so long, thast for me it is worth buying it my local B&M fort $7

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a couple of soft flame butane lighters (not counting Bic's :smokingbo ). My Nibos look like the classic Dunhill/Cartier/Dupont roller lighters (but they don't ping when you open them). They work great, but they aren't windproof. I also have some Zippos with Thunderbird inserts made by Vector KGM. They work quite well, even in the wind. However, no soft flame lighter works as well in the wind as a good torch, IMHO.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I have a Xikar Exodus and I love it. You have to use good fuel in it though because other fuel just doesn't work. I gave it a try once and it just didn't want to light for one reason or another. I recommend the lighter you won't be disappointed. I have two Colibri torches and I mothballed them because of this lighter.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Where do you get your butane? Interested in bulk if good savings. Can PM me if you want. I didn't see any in a quick search through the sponsor's sites...please correct me if wrong. The ones I see on Cbid get to $5 before I can get in on it.

Any recommendations on a non-torch lighter? Anyone use the Xikar Exodus? Looking for a good wind-resistant, flame, lighter.

thanks,
greg
The Williams-Sonoma store at my local mall sells large (320ml) bottles of Vector butane for $6.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

thanks,
greg
I buy Lava premium butane, quintiple refined and fantastic.

Bought a case of 12 cans from www.lavabutane.com

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I have had luck getting butane on cbad for dirt cheap.

For a soft flame lighter my IM Corona Old Boy is the best lighter I have ever owned.