What's new

C-Bid

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was reading the "Your best cigar for the price" thread and c-bid comes up as a good supplier, I avoid auction sites as a rule but I went over there and sniffed around and it seems like there are deals to be had there!!

I did a search and found some complaints about the quality of there inventory. specifically wrappers cracking and "C-bid cigars tast like crap" that sort of thing however it also sounds like they ship real wet witch would account for the problems I listed, Some reports from buyers here "they let them rest for 6 months and there still to wet to smoke"

some of the posts I read where old and some more recent soooooo

what is the word from the BOTL crew,what has your experience been there? I started an account but havent finished it yet thought I would ask

Thebutcher

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve ordered about 10 times. I never smoke without letting anything mailed rest for about a month. That being said.....no cracks, no complaints. Everything has been great

Nice!!! I was getting ready to pull the trigger on some flat heads (I'm out :arghh:) and waited until I got some confirmation here ...so thanks

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I haven't had an issue with most of my orders, but I usually use them for cheap tupadore stuffers. When I have bought Caldwell cigars on there, I have had an issue. I ordered the sampler and will say that the quality was well below what I expect from Caldwell. They seemed like seconds that were packaged and sold cheap.

That was just one experience though. I have ordered Oliva, Room101, Aging Room, and Joya de Nicaragua with no issue on several occasions. I even think they are getting better about not shipping them too wet. Any cigar will benefit from resting and normalizing RH levels through the whole cigar.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I use them for stocking up on everyday favorite cigars from the mid-tier. Stuff that nobody else really cares about. Like, I'll buy 20 sticks for 60 bucks or something ridiculous...but its like Cohiba Blues, Perdomo Champagnes, etc..

But IME, it's not the best source for higher-end or boutique stuff. Want to buy a Tat? Good luck. Chances are you'll get snaked right at the last second or there will be a bidding war. Fuente? Nope. If its on there you'll end up paying just as much as from anywhere else if not more.

Edit: and haven't noticed any quality/burn issues.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I use them for stocking up on everyday favorite cigars from the mid-tier. Stuff that nobody else really cares about. Like, I'll buy 20 sticks for 60 bucks or something ridiculous...but its like Cohiba Blues, Perdomo Champagnes, etc..

But IME, it's not the best source for higher-end or boutique stuff. Want to buy a Tat? Good luck. Chances are you'll get snaked right at the last second or there will be a bidding war. Fuente? Nope. If its on there you'll end up paying just as much as from anywhere else if not more.

Edit: and haven't noticed any quality/burn issues.
This is why I only use the Free Fall section.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've placed about a dozen orders from cbid in the past few years. I only had one issue of cigars arriving with mold spots. Tried calling and was on hold for a very long time, so emailed customer service instead. Received a response about three days later asking for verification if it was mold, plume or water spots. Replied that it was definitely mold and they immediately shipped out a replacement 5-pack.

Customer service isn't fast, but still ultimately effective. I use cbid for a lot of my LCD (lowest common denominator) type cigars and love the low prices I can get.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have ordered from CBid a ton of times over the last 3-4 years. IME the cigars come a little dry and crack if you smoke them immediately. But not dry enough that it has lost oil or anything. I have made it part of the process to rest all cbid sticks for a month and after that I have no problems and no flavor is lost. It is also inconsistent. You may get a 5 pack that is good to go and another that needs more sleep. I did get a 10 pack of cigars recently that some were cracked on arrival. I called customer support and they tried to get me to ship them back. I mentioned that it was too much of a hassle and to forget it and they sent me a shipment of fresh cigars free of charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I order frequently from CBid, and have never had an issue with the cigars. I also am relatively close to the warehouse and usually receive my cigars the next day after they ship. But like most have said already I always let me cigars sit a few months before smoking them.

Thebutcher

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the recommendation I just couldn't tell if they were GTG or not.
There prices for my everyday stuff is way to tempting ...so I made an account and my "watch lot" is filling up.........

I have ordered from CBid a ton of times over the last 3-4 years. IME the cigars come a little dry and crack if you smoke them immediately. But not dry enough that it has lost oil or anything. I have made it part of the process to rest all cbid sticks for a month and after that I have no problems and no flavor is lost. It is also inconsistent. You may get a 5 pack that is good to go and another that needs more sleep. I did get a 10 pack of cigars recently that some were cracked on arrival. I called customer support and they tried to get me to ship them back. I mentioned that it was too much of a hassle and to forget it and they sent me a shipment of fresh cigars free of charge.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is reassuring ,coutomer Service is the real issue, its not how things get screwed up its how they got fixed!!!

The issue comes when you bid on a lot of stuff not expecting to get all of it and you end up getting them all.
This is my only fear now

I am now on the slippery slop of winning bids, I will post pics of my winning bids

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Their forum is a useless wild west show.
Sadly, have to mostly agree. Not moderated anymore by CBid staff so guys can just act like idiots.

When I first started on there (2013), it was full of life. Lots of trades, PIBs, NONV, VOVV, etc. Things have slowed down a lot and a bunch of vets have left. Noobs come and go quickly. Sometimes even chased away.

Oh well….

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I haven't had an issue with most of my orders, but I usually use them for cheap tupadore stuffers. When I have bought Caldwell cigars on there, I have had an issue. I ordered the sampler and will say that the quality was well below what I expect from Caldwell. They seemed like seconds that were packaged and sold cheap.

That was just one experience though. I have ordered Oliva, Room101, Aging Room, and Joya de Nicaragua with no issue on several occasions. I even think they are getting better about not shipping them too wet. Any cigar will benefit from resting and normalizing RH levels through the whole cigar.
Never had an issue with their Caldwells until my most recent win of 10 Long Live the King Heaters. They don't burn well and the nuttiness that I associate with the line is quite muted. Not enough to scare me off yet, but enough to surely take notice.

As far as some saying that their cigars from C-Bid are too wet to smoke after 6 MONTHS in their humidor, I'd wonder if maybe their humidors are set to 70 Rh. :rolleyes: