What's new

CA Cigar of the Year?

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/17356

Well there it is guys. The reveal schedule for the best cigar of the year (in their opinion). I'll say this, I don't care what anyone thinks about this list (whether the cigars on there truly deserve to be on there or not, or how they come to these choices) but I will say that they generate a LOT of good publicity for the cigar industry as a whole and they get a lot of deserving manufactures paid BIG time.

I figure I'd get this thread started (because it would be eventually anyways). So, without further adieu, what do you think will be on this list? What's number 1?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
CroMagnon Femur.

Just kidding. I'd love to see the Headley Grange make the top of the list.

Davidoff Nicaragua I'm sure will be on there, along with the El Centurion, La Palina, UF-13, Herrera Estelli, LAT46 SS, and if there's any justice in the world, the Tatuaje Regios Reserva and Noella Reserva will make the top 5.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Ligas never make the list (or DE so I wouldn't put money on the HE making the list either)
My Father does a lot of advertising on the site so the El Centurion will DEFIANTLY make the list.
AB for sure for one (biggest advertiser)
Always at least 2 CC'c on the list; I would guess the Cohiba PE or the HdM LE 2013 and a regular release (No idea)
Maybe a tat (2011 list had one)
Probably an Oliva
No idea on everything else

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Ligas never make the list (or DE so I wouldn't put money on the HE making the list either)
My Father does a lot of advertising on the site so the El Centurion will DEFIANTLY make the list.
AB for sure for one (biggest advertiser)
Always at least 2 CC'c on the list; I would guess the Cohiba PE or the HdM LE 2013 and a regular release (No idea)
Maybe a tat (2011 list had one)
Probably an Oliva
No idea on everything else
I couldn't agree more. Who's playing is who's paying. Advertising dollars still speak louder than the truth.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I don't doubt that advertising dollars help get your foot in the door, but I think they still smoke blind and at least get the best cigar out of the advertisers....

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I don't doubt that advertising dollars help get your foot in the door, but I think they still smoke blind and at least get the best cigar out of the advertisers....
yeah but if one smokes enough cigars you can get a good guess at what your smoking with or without the band. I don't know why some guys get so upset over the list. Taste is subjective and it's a nice way to pay back advertisers probably why they're doing the list in dec to try and get that holiday shopper.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I think the number 1 spot would be reserved for cigars that are readily available right? That way the readers can go apeshit and buy all of them. It would be nice to see a BOTL stick at No.1 .. Hell, top 5!

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
The aged VR Unicos I'm about to smoke right now is actually going to be the best cigar of the year. Too bad it's going to be gone and none of you will get to try it. Take that, CA!