What's new

ca never ceases to amaze me

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
at random times i get some issues of ca at my office. haven't looked at one for a while, i don't really care for their ratings because, well, you all know how they are. looking over this issue, i see nothing has changed. the picture at the beginning of the ratings shows actually shows a tat black along with a boli gm and short thick lfd dl. i first scanned all the vitolas to see if they actually rated the tat. hmmmm. nowhere to be found. what a shock. (didn't see the lfd either)
without going into all the other craziness, i had to laugh at their rating of the boli as an 87, mainly because the other 87's in the category included four dominicans...macanudo, pl, partagas and r&j. :scratchhe

Rating - 96%
34   1   0
The problem with the cc's is that they normally haven't had the time to age. So depending on what stage of aging it could drastically change the stick and the flavors. So for this fact CA is not a good way to see reviews on cc's.
*Plus some of the scores I see seem bogus from time to time

rabbgp

Savor
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have been gifted CA for a couple of years now. I take the ratings with a grain of salt. I am not a golfer so all the golf articles are wasted on me. I have enjoyed some of the articles, and interviews. And for all the rest, although I will never be able to afford a $45K watch or a time share in a Netjet, it is still fun to dream.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i c... i did notice they try making a lot of sticks look so black and white when really it always just depends.. but ill keep your info in mind thanks

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
HD, those pictures at the beginning of the ratings pages rarely if ever have all the cigars shown in the ratings.

It always gets me...

The DL shown was the DL-452 if I remember correctly...

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I have always liked the rating in Smoke Magazine, at least you get to see who they are....I've had at least 4 dozen friends be involved with the ratings.

I think Cigar Press give pretty unbiased ratings, more tasting notes than anthing.

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I have always liked the rating in Smoke Magazine, at least you get to see who they are....I've had at least 4 dozen friends be involved with the ratings.

I think Cigar Press give pretty unbiased ratings, more tasting notes than anthing.
x2

Cigar Press and ECCJ are very good...

I also heard of a new one this week called Cigar Clan. I have yet to see one in person, but the site is very informative, i.e. the Cohiba article below:

http://www.en.cigarclan.com/articles/2005/1/03/

Enjoy.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
i was just surprised they had one on there at all.
i think it's funny to read the lower ranked smokes. "woody, papery flavors and a cardboard finish." "takes on acidic flavors that carry on to the finish". and each of these earned enough points to be in the "very good to excellent" range.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
You gotta love their "blind" ratings....I have given up on them a while back. Every once and awhile I pick up there 90 smokes to try them out....I do agree with their 91 with the SLR...but that is just one of my favs. Hit or miss on them...

I just like to stick to magazines with more realistic ads in it like DuPont Registry:)