What's new

Cab for Smaller cigars.......

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I find it easy to keep a few smaller sticks in one cab, this one holds 40 or so and only takes up a little space.
I have always stored my cigars in cabs, but I do have a few intact dress boxes stored, due to space issues.
Makes it easy to grab a couple and go.
DSC_0014.JPG

Last edited:

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
"El Rey de Los Habanos " Churchill size, cab of 25.
many of my cabs were from JR or Tatuaje or Brick House.
some are 30 years old.
I always picked up empty cabs at the B&M or when visiting other shops.
good for putting things in..........;)

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Hahahahaha! Actually funnier that way for us.. ;) not as funny as ape rape response, but still funny..
Yeah... I'm rarely as clever as I think I am; My wife reminds me of that every so often.:ROFLMAO:

Back on topic (sort of), for those that use this method. Do you have any hesitation about storing these boxes in a wineador/coolerdor, etc?
The reason I ask is that while the inside is usually plain wood, the outside is often finished or varnished in some way. Any hesitation about storing these boxes long term with your cigars? I know... I know... lots of people do it, but it makes me wonder. I do just enough woodworking to know the kind of fumes some finishes can put off, and I doubt the cigar factories are super concerned about whether the finish they use on the outside of their boxes is good for the cigars. These boxes are dry of course, but still. Just curious if I'm the only one squeamish about the idea.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Yeah... I'm rarely as clever as I think I am; My wife reminds me of that every so often.:ROFLMAO:

Back on topic (sort of), for those that use this method. Do you have any hesitation about storing these boxes in a wineador/coolerdor, etc?
The reason I ask is that while the inside is usually plain wood, the outside is often finished or varnished in some way. Any hesitation about storing these boxes long term with your cigars? I know... I know... lots of people do it, but it makes me wonder. I do just enough woodworking to know the kind of fumes some finishes can put off, and I doubt the cigar factories are super concerned about whether the finish they use on the outside of their boxes is good for the cigars. These boxes are dry of course, but still. Just curious if I'm the only one squeamish about the idea.
I've got plenty of painted and varnished boxes in my coolers. They all seem to be cured well enough that it doesn't matter. I've ended up with a couple that had a slight odor, so those I just don't use. Just give those to friends for storage boxes or art or craft projects.
That said,
I have a pretty sensitive olfactory sense, I won't even use boxes from a b&m that have sat near the lounge and picked up any stale smoke odor. Incidentally that actually can be removed with baking soda and sunlight, whereas infusion infection cannot.... ;) ;) (y)