What's new

Cabinet humidor question

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Are any of you familiar with this humidor or company? It seems to be a pretty nice product and the price appears to be excellent. All comments appreciated.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Fox... I have never once heard of them and I did some very extensive research when buying mine.

For close to the same amount of money you could buy yourself an Aristocrat and have a very high quality humidor that will work perfectly and last a lifetime. They are running a special right now on their end table setup which will include its own internal humidification system as well.

Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or comments.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
they have been around for a while, but i have never seen a review of them on any cigar board. I would question the humidity control system. is it fixed at the 70-73% range? or is it adjustable? if its not adjustable, do you like your cigars at that humidity level?

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I saw them a while back but forgot what was said about them. Definitely go wtih Avallo or Aristocrat :thumbsup:

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Thank you, gentlemen. I am not quite in the market yet, but have been researching. What attracted me here was the solid mahogany. We happen to have a lot of mahogany trim in our house and the wife kind of liked this one since we need an end table. Truth be told though, she likes some of Heartfelt's better! What kind of woods are used in the "standard" Avallo and Aristocrat models? It is hard to tell from their web sites.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Aristocrat can use many different woods. He can also stain it in many different colors to help match your curniture. After sending him some pictures, Bob sent me 3 samples to get me a match to the dining room furniture that we just bought. It is almost 100% dead on.

I am not sure if Avallo does this as well but I think they might.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
With the Aristocrat you can get any wood you want, call Bob and discuss it with him. He sent me samples to check out and I got exactly what I wanted. Bob was easy to deal with and makes the best cabinet for the money ,IMHO. I know others with Avallos and they too are happy with them but the Aristocrat has more wood choices and is heirloom quality furniture.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Avallos use MDF that is veneered with cherry, maple, or mahogany. Then stains are applied to get chosen colors. Do not shy away from an MDF cabinet. MDF is popular in cigar cabinet construction because it eliminates warping problems.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
When you buy from Dave (Heartfelt), you are getting a custom, wood cabinet. With an Avallo, you are getting an MDF cabinet. With the Aristocrat, you are getting a cabinet with the main body made from MDF. The door and trimwork is wood.