What's new

calibration chamber

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
thought you guys might like this. This is my new calibration chamber that I will be using to calibrate the new Accumonitor Jr. . Made of plexiglass. It has a Cigar oasis
to bring the humidity up fast, and it will have about a dozen Boveda packs in the bottom to keep the humidity locked in at either 65% or 69%. I can put 6 Accumonitor Jr's in there at a time for calibration. I get the chamber locked in at 65% humidity, then I calibrate the Accu Jr's by turning the blue screw. You can see in 1 of the pics that a small screwdriver passes through a hole in the lid. reason for this is so i can adjust the Accumonitor without opening the lid and losing the humidity. it also has a small circulation fan to keep the air moving and ensure even humidity.

Accuracy will be verified using proven techniques. i will set the Cigar oasis at about 63-64%, then rely on the Bovedas to bring it up to 65%. we all know enough about the Humidipack/Boveda technology to know that they are extremely accurate. Next, I will be double checking with an Extech recalibratable hygrometer. The extech gets recalibrated with a professional salt test chamber. I have had the Extech tested in a high dollar humidity calibration chamber, and it was tested accurate to within 1/10th of 1%. Nice thing about the Extech is that that you can do the recalibration right at home, and you know that the results are going to be accurate. in some of the pics, you can see the extech inserted through a hole in the lid. this is so i can take a reading without opening the lid and screwing up the humidity level. more pics to come next week. I will show how i calibrate a batch of 6 Accumonitors.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
fabrication done by Arlin Liss. my tool kit is a butterknife and the yellow pages. I could have asked Matt to build it, but the wait would have been 2 years.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Arlin has joined the site. He was looking at my pictures, and admiring his own work. Actually, he was admiring his own pictures of his own work.
Arlin, thanks for the help with the humidity chamber. You did an excellent job, and came up with some good ideas, like the Extech through the lid.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Humi Whore is here!

And lets get this right.... my last name is LI$$ !

Ron and Matt have been good to me and turn around is fair play!

Ron has more of my desktop Humidors than anyone else in the world!

And Matt was kind enough to permit me to use Accumonitors while I was in need.

Mr Modesty, Arlin!

NO SALES TO BOTL members.... I ain't no sponsor here!