What's new

Call me crazy, but...................

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The rule of thumb is that you don't relight a cigar after you've smoked it the day before. Last night I smoked and reviewed a Torana Exodus 1959. I had forgotten that I had left 3 inches on this 6.5x54 beauty to die a natural death in the ashtray channel. When I went to light up tonight, I saw the remnant and cut the ash off with a sharp scissors and torched the sucker. At first it was just a smoky smoke and then a couple of minutes later it picked up where it left off. It smoked at about 90% of what it was the night before and I got a 1/2 hour of enjoyment out of it.

Here's my thought process...why not set up a separate humi for those cigars that I don't feel like finishing in one sitting. Groom them real nice, tag them and let them rest again. When I want a 20-30 minute smoke, just grab one from the "remnant" humi.

Thoughts or experiences are welcome.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Well, first of all, it would totally ruin a humidor, second, they arent' that expensive, light - smoke - get ANOTHER!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I can't do it. The taste of carbon is too much for me. Grab another cigar. Whatever you do, don't put it in your humidor with the good cigars.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Yep. Never works out for me either. Tried the cigar savior and ended up dumping it.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I just don't want to do it. Besides the way it smells, it's been out a long time and those nasty flavors joining together can't be good.

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
When you're right, you're right and you're right! A lot of work also for little or perhaps no reward. It's like double dipping. Dip the chip once and end it.

I also would have much more enjoyed a fresh, longer lasting smoke.

Have a great 4th gang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!