What's new

Camacho American Barrel Aged

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Camacho American Barrel Aged 6 x 50 Toro

A beautiful, dark, seamless, almost perfect broadleaf wrapper adorned this beauty. It's a reddish brown with of oils and not a vein to be found. The foot was an olfactory treat, a cornucopia of berries, cocoa espresso and of course, bourbon; it smelled so good I didn't know if I wanted to snort it, eat it or drink it. Simply smelled like heaven.

Pre-Light draw was pungent with a heavy bourbon taste, somewhat spice bite to the tongue and Corojo that you simply can't miss.

Okay, it's time to light it.

First Third

It lit without a hiccup and right from the start the smoke is billowing from the foot like an old steam engine. The first couple of draws are a bit tight but now I am getting dense mouthfuls of thick, chewy smoke. The discernible tastes are of bourbon, cinnamon and leather.

The burn line is spot on, the ash is a deep gray and has held up nicely even to the winds that have the wifey's chimes running amok back here. Ok dammit, I ashes myself but, I don't care; based on the first 15 minutes with this stick, I am thinking it's now at least fiver worthy. The dominant taste now is bourbon, leather, and cinnamon with a hint of nutmeg on the retrohale.

Second Third

The stick is going through some nice transitions now, I am picking up what tastes to me like cinnamon walnuts and dark roasted coffee with only a subtle hint of the bourbon. The burn line is still razor tight and the ash is holding firm. All I can say at this point is that this stick is an absolute flavor bomb. In fact, I'm beginning to think that if ever there was a stick that on first burn was box worthy, this just might be one of them. (note to self: pick up at least a fiver and smoke one without reviewing it, simply smoke it for you and see if you still feel the same way about it).

Last Third

The complexity just won't quit, the cinnamon and bourbon are still present and they've invited buttered rum and graham crackers to this experience. Even considering the pace at which I am smoking this there's not even a hint of harshness or bitterness. This is a flat out gem.

Final Thoughts

This stick absolutely mesmerized me. I got lost in it nary a touch up or re-light required. All I can say is that I've not had a Corojo like this since a Punch Rare Corojo from back in the day. IMHO this has some aging potential and I'll be revisiting this one very soon.

One More Thing...

Sorry about the pics as it is 2230 PST and I am writing this review on and taking pics with iPhone in poor lighting.

Last edited:

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Based on your review I'm buying a 5'r...too good a review not to be taken seriously. I almost felt like I was smoking it while I was reading this then found my cigar fingers holding nothing but air.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've had a few Toros and bought 10 more singles tonight. Great review and spot on. The "infused" aspect turn me off initially but smoking one you quickly realize, the bourbon aged leaf adds a great aspect to the profile although subtle.
Thanks for the excellent review

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a huge fan of bourbon so this may be something I will have to look for and pick up on my next visit. You're review definitely sold me on trying this one.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had a couple of these at my local B&M. These do not taste like an infused cigar at all unlike Makers Mark cigars. I found the bourbon flavor to be understated and is an enhancement to the cigar. Agree that it is a flavor bomb especially from what I consider to be a medium body smoke.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great review! IMO, you're pretty much spot on. This cigar is one of the VERY few cigars that I've been ready to buy a box of after only a few smokes.