Xikar XO disassembly and repair

• Yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It looks fairly straight forward to put it back together, no idea if will actually work again!
since Quality Importers bought out Xikar the warranty program appears to have gone downhill, I haven’t had any dealings with em recently, this is just what I’ve heard from others.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
So many parts! For something that’s just supposed to cut a sliver off the tip of a cigar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Send it in for repair or exchange. I sent my Palio cutter back to them after the blades got damaged from a stem and they replaced it. I did have to pay postage but they replaced it.

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk Thingy

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I took apart a Xicar Xi2 and put it back together a couple of times. You can most definitely put it back together.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
What they don't show you in that picture is the impossible to mount spring that goes in under one of the gear thingies. I'm not giving up, though!
Even the Xi2 had a tension spring. It took some time to place it under tension in the right spot while keeping other parts in place.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren't all Xicar guaranteed for life? At least that's what they claim...
Yes they are: I remember a Xikar Advertisement Photo on Instagram of a guy who accidentally through his cutter inside a fire.
He got a new one from the company!

Unconditional Customer Service... Not like the S.T. Dupont lighter I have: saw nightmare with those guys...

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
The new warranty guidelines suck, just remember NOT to send it in until you receive the # that they send you........you will receive two separate emails. I've sent back two lighters already.......they always send me brand new ones too, and different colors.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new warranty guidelines suck, just remember NOT to send it in until you receive the # that they send you........you will receive two separate emails. I've sent back two lighters already.......they always send me brand new ones too, and different colors.
Hi,

What email are you talking about?

Do you mean that I have to communicate with them, wait for their confirmation by mail and a certain reference, and only then I send what needs to be fixed?

Thanks in advance for the information!

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Hi,

What email are you talking about?

Do you mean that I have to communicate with them, wait for their confirmation by mail and a certain reference, and only then I send what needs to be fixed?

Thanks in advance for the information!

Yes, if you go to http://xikar.com/warranty/ then go to this site https://xikar.returnsportal.net/ and the instructions are plain as day.....1st they will tell you instructions on how you can possibly fix the problem yourself with detailed instructions.....then the rest:

"
To begin, create a XIKAR RMA account. Click "Create an Account" at the top of your screen.
After you create your account, click "Submit a Service Request" and follow the instructions on the form.
Once your request is approved, you will receive an email with instructions including an RMA job number to track your case through completion.
"

Make sure you get that email with the RMA # before sending it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren't all Xicar guaranteed for life? At least that's what they claim...
Keep us informed on the warranty. I wonder if customer taking the cutter apart after it broke and putting it back together then sending it in for warranty coverage will still covered by Xikar’s new owners. It probably would have been for the old Xikar.