What's new

Can you share your educated, experienced opinion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been a part of a forum for a long while. I need some help with what's going on. So, how about sharing your advice on two things:
1. What is smoking great right now? Fresh.
2. What is showing potential and will be special in 2-5 years? If I can hold off.

I ask that these suggestions be mostly readily available as I don't have a plethora of vendor options. The ones I use are the same I've bought from a long time ago.

Thanks in advance!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
A lot of 17 stuff is smoking well apparently. A lot of 15/16 stuff is not. Of course, that's hit or miss and YMMV.
Some of these guys could give a lot better and more specific advice than me.
If you read back through the general Habanos discussion as well as the last couple of months or so of "latest cc purchase" and "what cc you're smoking " you may find a lot of helpful comments. (y)

Last edited:

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
The vendor you have been using will send you his box code list if you request it.
There is not much left from '14,but there are some older items , if you choose among them be careful.
The petit coronas I have had seem to be smokable fairly young, as well as the minutos.
Just had a Punch Punch and a Hoyo Epi 1 last week,both from '16.
both were very good for their age,both were mid-year '16.

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I can't speak with much experience on the current production. 2 boxes of H Upmann Half Coronas from AGO 16 have been crap, several 2014 and 2015 boxes I smoked before were great. As far as 2-5 years, H Upmann Petit Coronas are my favorite PC. They are discontinued so they will be "special" by then. Partagas Shorts and Series D 4 have been great fresh but the ones I smoked were 2014-2015 stock and they continue to get better. A couple classics at 5 years are Por Larrañaga Petit Coronas and Ramon Allones Specially Selected cabs. Any Cohiba is another that will be better with age.
In my limited experience I found I like cigars with age, H Upmann being my favorite aged cigars. I smoke about half aged cigars and half in the 2-5 year range that I purchased fresh over the last few years. Aged stock I've picked up on the secondary market is a bit of a gamble because some of it, especially partial boxes are sometimes the poorer smoking stock from others.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I haven't smoked any 17 fresh stuff to be able to say whats smoking well now, but lots of people seem to be enjoying the new Qdo 50/54 and and the Hoyo Elegantes. In the up to 5 years of age category, I'd recommend PL Picadores, Monte Edmundo, Partagas Shorts, BPC, Juan Lopez 1/2, and Hoyo Epi 1/2. Cohiba still isn't worth it in 5 IMO, to get the best results you've really gotta be into Cohiba for the long haul to justify the price.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Ball hard bro
Newbs got cajones to be asking "what's good" right after joining. Read some of our threads @kaizen1 its basically all we talk about around here. Go to the latest purchase or daily smoke threads for a start.
It seems like what you're really asking is "what can I turn over in the future because it's popular"

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Newbs got cajones to be asking "what's good" right after joining. Read some of our threads @kaizen1 its basically all we talk about around here. Go to the latest purchase or daily smoke threads for a start.
It seems like what you're really asking is "what can I turn over in the future because it's popular"
I feel you bro

You know what’s really good tho... bojangles

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I can't speak with much experience on the current production. 2 boxes of H Upmann Half Coronas from AGO 16 have been crap, several 2014 and 2015 boxes I smoked before were great. As far as 2-5 years, H Upmann Petit Coronas are my favorite PC. They are discontinued so they will be "special" by then. Partagas Shorts and Series D 4 have been great fresh but the ones I smoked were 2014-2015 stock and they continue to get better. A couple classics at 5 years are Por Larrañaga Petit Coronas and Ramon Allones Specially Selected cabs. Any Cohiba is another that will be better with age.
In my limited experience I found I like cigars with age, H Upmann being my favorite aged cigars. I smoke about half aged cigars and half in the 2-5 year range that I purchased fresh over the last few years. Aged stock I've picked up on the secondary market is a bit of a gamble because some of it, especially partial boxes are sometimes the poorer smoking stock from others.
Had a ULA 15 H. Upmann Half Corona that was phenomenal. Bought a box recently (GOS 2017), smoked really nice ROTT but the 15 was definitely smoking better. Gonna let the others rest.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Can anyone give me some information regarding cabs and boxes from the same year? Is there a big difference in quality or how nicely they are smoking?

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Can anyone give me some information regarding cabs and boxes from the same year? Is there a big difference in quality or how nicely they are smoking?
I think people prefer the cabs for aging. The sticks from dress boxes are going to have a slight box press.

If I forget to leave you trading feedback, please send me a PM to remind me.