What's new

Can you smell what THE BOTL is cookiiinnn!!!

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
im not a huge fan of planking fish, i prefer to use cedar shavings in a small tinfoil ball with some holes poked in it. the lack of fresh air smothers any flame that might kick up. simple seasonings work best, lemon lime, salt pepper garlic, i love seafood, and nothing beats the flavor of fresh seafood!!

and you suck!! those chops made me really hungry!!!
I don't plank often I just throw meat on fire for right amount of time with seasoning. Lol. I'm not very technical or formally educated but I'm pretty good at it I'm told lol. Planking, tenting, indirect heat, slow cooking smoking ... Long as a have a cigar I'm good with it lol

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
im not a huge fan of planking fish, i prefer to use cedar shavings in a small tinfoil ball with some holes poked in it. the lack of fresh air smothers any flame that might kick up. simple seasonings work best, lemon lime, salt pepper garlic, i love seafood, and nothing beats the flavor of fresh seafood!!

and you suck!! those chops made me really hungry!!!
I don't plank often I just throw meat on fire for right amount of time with seasoning. Lol. I'm not very technical or formally educated but I'm pretty good at it I'm told lol. Planking, tenting, indirect heat, slow cooking smoking ... Long as a have a cigar I'm good with it lol
words to fcukin live by brother!

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Dave do you use cedar planks?
I have.. but not with much success.. I managed to catch them on fire a couple of times before I finally stopped trying and just started putting the fish directly on the grill..

I tried soaking them for 24 hours prior... didnt help... tried turning the heat down on the grill and cooking slower.. didnt help...

maybe I just got a really bad batch.. (super dried out wood or something?)... I dunno...
Cedar planks catching on fire equals yum. Keep the lid shut and they'll be no fire. Just tons of awesome cedar smoke and flavor. I soak mine for 10 mins and hope they start to catch the last 5 mins or so of the grilling process.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
man... I'm getting the smoker prepped for Monday night football... these photos are amazing guys! I'm getting hungry.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah man, I only got out of work an hour or two ago. Then had to go help the parents move a mattress.

Don't they realize it's my sworn duty to booze, eat and enjoy football? (I would add cigars, but I always get a cold first few weeks of teaching, so that's out for a while).