Origin: Nicaragua
Vitola: 5 * 50 rg - Robusto
Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf
Binder: Cameroon
Filler: Dominican, Nicaraguan
Date Smoked: 5/3/17

View media item 48626
Appearance and Construction:

Another awesome looking cigar, with a nice oily oscuro coloured wrapper, with minimal veins. Wrapper seams are invisible, double cap is perfectly applied. Cigar feels extremely firm, but has a perfect cold draw.

Prelight:

Strong barnyard from foot and binder, cedar and vague herbal note from wrapper. Prelight draw tastes of sweet tobacco.

First Third:

Initial leather and chocolate, light black pepper spice on retrohale. The honey sweetness I found in the first third of the natural version is more just like a generic tobacco sweetness in the maduro. This could be simply due to slight filler variations etc. Nutmeg note becoming preset midway through third. Resting smoke smells very chocolatey. As the wrapper starts to burn, the chocolate notes are amplified in intensity, and a slight earthiness appears in the background. Body medium-full, strength medium.

Second Third:

The honey sweetness is back. Sweetness, chocolate, earth and nutmeg dominate the flavour profile, with intermittent notes of faint leather in the background. Retrohale spice slightly increased, moderate back of throat spice. Body medium-full, strength increased to full. Burn has been perfect so far, though the draw has tightened up somewhat, slightly diminishing the experience. Purge needed at about halfway due to bitterness.

Final Third:

Leather no longer present. Sweetness slightly increased, retro hale spice almost absent now, smoke is very smooth. Overall not much change from second third, though a couple of touchups and purges are needed as it was a bit of a battle keeping the thing lit towards the end.

• Overall a nice smoke if you like notes of chocolate and earth. I do. HOWEVER, for my money I would actually go with the natural, as I found the flavour profile slightly more preferable.
View media item 48627
My review of the natural here: http://www.botl.org/threads/cao-la-traviata-mochado-natural.89455/

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been smoking these in the Radiante (6x52) size in the maduro. Haven't tried the regular as my local B&M only carries the maduro. My local B&M has them at $6 each but they can be had for $87 for a box (reg price, not on sale) which drops them to $3.63 each. At the box price they're an excellent smoke IMO and in my regular rotation.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, $3.63 is an amazing price haha!. Boxes for me work out at about $6 per stick pre-duty which is not bad also.