What's new

Cap or no Cap

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Do you need to? No, only if you want that "finished" look. The flag is important to keep the wrapper from unraveling and in some cases the cap might help if you don't cut the whole thing off. My first few batches didn't get caps, but then I wanted to start making them look more "commercial". It's all personal preference. Do what gives you the highest level of enjoyment

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks I just wanted to know also here are the kits I’m going to be ordering I can’t wait I’m guessing the other leafs in there are the filler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Do I Need to put a cap on my cigars or no?
Yes. Respect the leaf. Respect cigar culture. Respect the pleasure taken in doing something right. Cigar rolling is an art. Take the ten seconds to cut the little circle and adhere it to the head of your masterpiece. Otherwise you've run a marathon and quit with 1 meter to go.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Do I Need to put a cap on my cigars or no?

A cap is a snap. Absolooly pitiful simple. Less trouble than asking.
A flag is more like work; but if you slobber & chomp like I do, it's important to beef up the head.
A cap dresses the thing, but a flag does the work.

Sent from my iDon'tneedtobrag using Tapaspam

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I've skipped the cap numerous times, I even tried skipping the glue (because I didn't want to mix another batch for the last couple rolls of the night). I'd still recommend gluing them but the cap is for presentation in my opinion. Kind of like smoking a cheroot to try something out, if you're just experimenting, you don't need to cap it. If your presenting them to someone, may as well complete it with a cap. It's part of the fun!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you use a cigar mold or not I’ve been thinking about getting one
I started with molds but got away from them. I much prefer learning to hand roll using paper (I like stiff copier paper). I can get as pretty of a cigar with better consistency of draw time after time. Stuffing a set amount of tobacco into a mold will inevitably produce some cigars that are too tight or loose. Molds were invented to make cigar production faster NOT better. You have the time to hand roll so why not learn the way of the old masters? Not that hard.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Do you use a cigar mold or not I’ve been thinking about getting one
Don't start with one! Make sure you enjoy the action of rolling before you go all in on equipment! Pizza cutter, cigar cutter, scizzors and some sort of rolling board is all you should need. Plus, listen to @Gdaddy and form with paper for a bit.
Oh and yes, cap. It's easy.

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Don't start with one! Make sure you enjoy the action of rolling before you go all in on equipment! Pizza cutter, cigar cutter, scizzors and some sort of rolling board is all you should need. Plus, listen to @Gdaddy and form with paper for a bit.
Oh and yes, cap. It's easy.
^^^^^YES^^^^^

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do a pigtail on my cigars. Seems lately I have been using wrappers too small to yield a suitable flag and cap.