What's new

Cappuccino

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird maybe, but am really curious about your answers based on your expertise. If you are describing a cigar and find an aroma which can be associated to cappuccino
1) do you use that flavor in your description?
2) if so, do you relate it to a sweetened or to an unsweetened version of it?
:)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I often come across that flavor, but I never use it in my description. Usually, I substitute it with coffee and milk, though I find that sometimes cafe latte with an extra shot of espresso fits the bill more nicely.

Always the unsweetened version of it, unless of course there is some sweetness involved with the smoke as well.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
FWIW, I don't get Cappuccino as a flavor, but I do get it as a mouth feel. The oiliness of some of the smoke is something I find to be comparable to the richness/fattiness of the cream in the drink.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super, thanks a lot brothers!
I actually also prefer not to use, I am in the process of reviewing my flavors wheel, so your answers help a lot. It's interesting to see how far we can use common lexicon to indicate something that has a taste by itself but is outside of our flavor wheel...
As to the sweetened versions... yes I also would stay away from anything of this kind and identify the separate elements. I raised the question because of a debate I recently had with someone... So thanks again!