What's new

Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Torpedo

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
This is a serious medium bodied smoke. It's a 6.5x54 Torpedo (I prefer 6-8 inch long with a 48 and up ring). The pre light aroma and taste mimic the real flavor of the total cigar. The creaminess lingers throughout the entire smoke with hints of spice and cocoa. Very good volume of smoke with a solid ash that was difficult to knock off at one inch. Never got too hot and only lost its' even burn once near the end. I paid $6.00 on an auction board. Although I enjoyed each draw of smoke, I have less expensive cigars that rise above this one. I like chewing on my cigars and this one was very chewy. I would like to put a couple in the humi but I would want a $3-$4 price tag on them. Bought this as a single so maybe a 5 pack would drive the price down. Enjoyed it with a large mug of coffee and a tall glass of ice water, which are my favorite drinks with a cigar. I'm not an afficianado on cigars and am only reporting my experience. I would, however, recommend this cigar as a should try.

The following is copied and pasted from a description from an online store where a 5 pack goes for $22.00:

Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 cigars are Cuban-pressed (semi-round) in chocolate colored Habano wrappers with Dominican, Honduran, Mexican, Nicaraguan & Costa Rican tobaccos.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I really like this cigar, but only buy them by the box. They are worth the money that way. My only complaint is the H2000 wrapper is too delicate for smoking here on a hot, dry day. It just won't stay together. Other than that, it's a great smoke, lots of flavor. Nice review!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of my all time faves. I was gifted one last summer and lit it up while doing some yard work. I had to say 'screw the yard work' and sit and enjoy it. It was very smooth and creamy, almost like smoking a milkshake.

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Habs,
Have you tried the 1916 Cameroon? Another very fine Torano. I'm still smoking both and enjoy every pull on the cigar.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Funny you should word it that way...almost like smoking a milkshake...I refer to it as almost like smoking a chocolate bar! Nice smoke!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Habs,
Have you tried the 1916 Cameroon? Another very fine Torano. I'm still smoking both and enjoy every pull on the cigar.
I have had a few of the 1916 too and they are really nice. I really like the entire line, especially the Signature series. They have a bit more spice and kick than the others.