What's new

Carlos Torano Loyal in Robusto (5 x 56)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 5 pack of these for $11.97 with free shipping from Famous and what a pleasant surprise for a 2-3 dollar cigar.
carlos torano review pics 001.jpg
I've had this cigar sitting in my humidor for 13 days at 72% rh and 67 degrees Fahrenheit. This cigar is billed as a medium strength cigar with plenty of flavor that builds up and in my opinion it performed exactly as advertised.

The Carlos Torano Loyal is a fat robust with a wrapper that has a slightly oily sheen that looked mighty tasty. The 56 ring gauge at 5 inches long really works well because its not too big to be uncomfortable in the mouth or an excessively large investment of time like a typical 6 x 60 gordo. I paired the CT Loyal with my go to iced coffee with creamer.

The cigar started off with a nice light to medium pepper blast that was complemented with a rich light roast coffee (kind of fruity), a light earth, a minor amount of generic woodiness, a little cream, and some sweetness. The aroma was extremely sweet smelling and reminded me of a fig newton. The finish was clean, relatively short, and creamy; which was surprising considering that it was kind of a dry textured smoke. The strength (nicotine) was mild medium to start and the body a light medium. The draw was absolutely effortless but not excessively loose.

After 15-20 minutes the cigar transitioned to a rich dark woody oak, a bolder earth, with leather making an occasional appearance. The pepper became less pronounced while the creaminess, light roast coffee (kind of fruity) and sweetness remained and helped balance the overall flavor profile. The finish became moderately longer while the strength and body maxed out at a low medium. The aroma and foot smoke was extremely sweet smelling. Interestingly enough the smoke on the draw had a light sour tartness that remained a constant.

For the next 20-25 minutes the cigar pretty much stayed the same with an interesting and occasional entrance of a rich butter and an interesting prune type flavor. The burn was a little wavy and only required minor touch up every now and then (there was a slight breeze every now and then that changed direction so minor touch ups were necessary).

I "nubbed" this cigar until it became too difficult to hold the cigar while being able to take a draw. The 56 ring gauge makes it impossible to smoke it to a tiny nub because its awkward to grip due to the girth not balancing well on your lips so a large finger hold is necessary. The final smoke time was ~1 hour and 5 minutes.

The construction was very good but the wrapper is quite thin and it was damaged when i removed the band. Exercise some caution with the wrapper because it seems to be on the delicate side.

For the price this is a shockingly good cigar. The aroma is incredibly sweet smelling and the flavor and body builds up and maxes out at a nice medium. The flavors are really quite rich while the finish remains relatively clean and moderately long.

carlos torano review pics 002.jpg carlos torano review pics 003.jpg carlos torano review pics 005.jpg carlos torano review pics 007.jpg carlos torano review pics 008.jpg carlos torano review pics 010.jpg carlos torano review pics 011.jpg carlos torano review pics 012.jpg

Last edited: